Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XC60 retrofit - seats, steering wheel, battery
As most of other folks around here, I have a car that doesn't have all the bells and whistles, and I'd like to change that.
I've got a few questions that have been asked by others on Reddit and swedespeed in the past, however some of those are several years old now, well before OrBit (and are therefore vaguely answered or had a stance that retrofits in general rarely work or that it's better to just buy another car), so I am hoping someone can answer these:

1.) Does anyone know if seats and steering wheel from XC40 are the same as on XC60? I've read someplace that apparently all seats are the same on SPA (I know for a fact that it wasn't the case on P3), but I don't remember ever seeing info regarding steering wheels (I'd like to retrofit a heated steering wheel)
2.) Are the steering wheel clock springs and modules still required to do a heated steering wheel retrofit? (For P3, Accessories offered it as option for retrofit by dealer, and there it clearly said what was required, and for SPA I get nadda.)
3.) What is required in order to install seats with memory, ventilation and massage? I've read someplace that even though cables might be there, there's a good chance that main witing harness may be significantly different, thus making a retrofit much more complicated and that much more expensive...
4.) Is it possible (and if it is, what is required) to do a MY22 DIM and infotainment retrofit?
5.) What is required to do a T8 battery upgrade? (Except battery itself, obviously.) Is it just a config change, or some other modules are required as well?
6.) How do you in general figure out what hardware is needed in order to do a successful and complete retrofit?

Messages In This Thread
XC60 retrofit - seats, steering wheel, battery - by Polestar - 09-19-2023, 09:48 PM