Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request to make OrBit field windows resizable
Thanks man! I appreciate the feedback. GUI is not my thing hehe, although I am aware of the annoyances people tell me about, the ability to easily expand the Configurator table is one that has come up...maybe enough times for me to get over the hump of addressing it ;-)

I'll think about the Screen Log in general, what improvements could be made. It's been there since the beginning because it helps to know what is going on, for a process that takes a few minutes or longer, like flashing. Otherwise you got no clue if it's working fine or messed up, what step it's on. Making a progress bar was more challenging and less informative. 

I've learned a lot, about showing which "fail" messages and such, for things that aren't all that critical, the kinds of things for "other" programs might be buried in a log and just show "complete, successful" result. I of course know all about what is critical and not, but I can't assume the user does. Like that post programming fail you show there, probably not a big deal, the flash was successful since you got to post programming. The gateway took a little too long to return or something else happened, so OrBit moved on. If for example that were a common problem I need to add or improve automated handling to deal with it. No matter how much I refine it, at some point something won't work correctly, and we either keep going, or abort the process. So the solution could be "don't show that to the user" but I don't know if I want to do that, it helps to be informed. It's kinda there for reference, other than seeing "FLASH FAILED!" if there was a problem in the programming process. Well anyways nobody thinks about these things in the depth that I do ha. 

Anyone looking on, if the flash process or whatever you run returns successful you are good ;-) And everything is logged well so if you got problems, contact support and I will look up your logs sort you out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request to make OrBit field windows resizable - by Power6 - 09-15-2023, 04:31 PM