Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 XC90 Carplay - No option in Orbit
(08-07-2023, 02:15 AM)olen27a Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 12:35 AM)Thiefsie Wrote: Snip

You will need to install a USB hub with two USBs. Additionally, you will need to replace the cable to the USB hub.
Not sure if this will require VIDA to activate the hub.
Maybe just change 362 in Orbit to 03 With USB hub.

If I'm not mistaken, I don't believe 362 was visible within Orbit either, hence I'm wondering if there seems to be some logic in Orbit (or the Sensus/Volvo system) that allows those configuration options to just appear if I install the USB Hub.

If anyone could confirm that would be great as I'd rather just save the money instead of ordering the parts and putting in the labour to only find out that the options still won't appear in Orbit.

I suppose that's a roundabout way of asking - Do the Orbit configuration options open up based on VIN or a sort of undertake a 'handshake' process with the car to check which flags are configurable??? It just seems a bit weird that if I install the USB hub Orbit would suddenly show those options whereas they were missing before - as Orbit seems to work on the basis that all options are there, and you can toggle them, but they may or may not actually work for real...?
2016 XC90 T6

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 XC90 Carplay - No option in Orbit - by Thiefsie - 08-07-2023, 03:53 AM