Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 XC90 Carplay - No option in Orbit
(08-07-2023, 12:35 AM)Thiefsie Wrote: Hey There,

I'm a new Volvo owner (2016 T6 XC90), and love to tinker, so after chasing my tail with Vida and finding it's impossible to access even with a bulletproof VPN (VIN approval needed regionally), I've purchased Orbit with a CEM unluck which has been great.

I've unlocked adaptive cruise which is nice (but haven't tested it on the road yet), enabled permanent memory on start/stop (again awesome), however I was really hoping to get Apple Carplay going.

Within Orbit - there appears to be no option to enable Carplay, which I understand should be:
"224 - 04 - With Carplay & Android Auto"
That variable is just missing from the config list.

As a bit of context, my XC90 is Australian and appears to be one of the earlier ones, without the mode settings (next to handbrake) and only the single USB port with AUX to the console glove box.

Does simply ordering the double USB enable the carplay option I'm looking for or is it a waste of money to do this? I don't want to go through the effort/cost of ordering the double USB (and AUX) parts to find out that Orbit is still unable to unlock Carplay.

Does anyone have any idea why the option above isn't appearing?

Thanks.

You will need to install a USB hub with two USBs. Additionally, you will need to replace the cable to the USB hub.
Not sure if this will require VIDA to activate the hub.
Maybe just change 362 in Orbit to 03 With USB hub.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 XC90 Carplay - No option in Orbit - by olen27a - 08-07-2023, 02:15 AM