Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakdown/emergency service from Volvo no access to orbit
(06-05-2023, 09:45 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: Hum are you sure about that? I have heard horror stories but that might have been only for jb4 and other tunes

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You may not have been replying to me. But I think tunes and piggybacks, that is as it always is. If you got a warranty issue, it will be handled as they do with regards to modifications that may have caused the issue rather then a defect, which is what the warranty covers. Volvo is probably less strict on this just due to the likelihood of owners to modify. My buddy with an Audi S4 got the dreaded VAG "TD1" flag on his car from a scan at the dealer, good luck getting anything drivetrain related warranted with that!

For config, I have seen some things...I try to keep up with what is going on with other mfrs from time to time. In some cases BMW has done something like blocking a car. It seems more extreme cases though, they have different concepts of modifying a "config" type thing, vs changing the "build string" of the car which is tricky. Kinda like VDash or such vs OrBit in a way. I think the issues they have are the same, just different attitudes about changing minor settings up to fitting different equipment to the car, and how their system supports it, or doesn't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown/emergency service from Volvo no access to orbit - by Power6 - 06-10-2023, 10:16 PM