Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY CEM (and VGM) PIN Retrieval for Volvo and Polestar
(05-15-2023, 04:40 PM)x119 Wrote: Our answer would have been different a year ago to today; if you get a US subscription it's a sure fire way to get your car blocked by Volvo. But it used to be VPN + US Credit card (virtual). 

If you're simply after your PIN then you can use the following links on the Plan page of the website: https://spaycetech.com/buy_orbit

Otherwise if you already have an OrBit license then email Power6 via the following address: info@spaycetech.com

Yes, you are right, they do often changes and add new controls, nowdays they will add face recognition at logins, or someth like that, more verifications, and controls...

Yes, that's why i was afraid use USA subscription 3 days over VPN , yes i tested by VPN, but for some reason couldn't order subscription 3 days or any other, when try press order, web not react, not offer to add in cart and to pay, tnx for info that must be US credit card, i can solve such virtual US credit card, and USA IP over VPN.

Yes, better option buy it over spaycetech, less troubles...

(05-15-2023, 09:13 PM)Power6 Wrote: Volvo has been tightening down over time on the use of US consumer VIDA subscriptions (volvotechinfo) outside the US and on non-US cars.

You will find it is not possible now. Over time Volvo has added more restriction to the process:

You must buy the subscription with a US credit card
If you log in to VIDA from a non-US IP, your VCC ID (The VIDA login) will be later suspended
If you connect a non-US VIN, your VCC ID will be later be suspended
You now cannot order software for a non-US VIN through US VIDA (using the volvotechinfo account to order)

Currently it's not possible to use the US consumer VIDA on a non-US car to order and run the config test needed to get the PIN. You'd need to get access to VIDA another way, very friendly dealership or independent shop with VIDA, I know that is hard to come by! We do offer the "PIN Service" for that reason.

You are absolutely right! I tried by USA IP over VPN, then couldnt order anything, and then give up Smile ... Maybe web was under maintenance, as was some info about maintenance, but if problem later EU VIN, USA VIDA subscription, will rather not risk it  Smile .

Thank you very much for clear explanation! Great that people have option through you solve it.

Friend who deal with CEM pin decoding, told me it's easy solve it by reading CEM dump and then find CEM PIN in this dump, even without removing and chip from board, but with  few wires only, and this way we get pin free of charge for SPA, CMA too, or using your service Wink .

Messages In This Thread
RE: DIY CEM (and VGM) PIN Retrieval for Volvo and Polestar - by mrs - 06-03-2023, 03:20 PM