Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrofit T8 Brakes - 345/320mm to 366/340mm
(05-02-2023, 11:05 AM)x119 Wrote:
(05-01-2023, 06:03 AM)Liven Wrote:
(04-27-2023, 05:51 PM)Power6 Wrote: I don't think we will get to know what is changed with the config changes, it would be deep in the BCM or VDDM unit programming. But going logically...the brake system can account for a lot of variables, owners will change tires, brake pads etc. over the life of the car and each tire or brake pad is a little bit different. It does help the system to be tuned for the "torque output" of the brakes, the BCM has pressure sensors to sense the input to each circuit, and it is programmed knowing the expected torque output (how much "stopping") for the input pressure. It can adjust on the fly as the system is monitoring wheel speed sensors and calculating the tire slip % constantly feeding back into the program. But still it helps if the system starts off knowing the expected parameters. This would be a good reason that Volvo might have one overall "ABS/ESP" programming but have i read the config and adjust the system for which brake system is fitted. There are other things like the system calculates (i.e. guesses) at the temperature of the brake discs, it would need to know which rotors to be accurate about it. (FYI the underlying need for adjustment is: changing only the rotor size, and the caliper position, and not changing anything else, that changes the torque output due to increased mechanical leverage so Volvo using the same caliper on the 366mm does change the pressue-torque relationship of the brakes)

I should have tried the settings for sure, and I will! However I did brake development before all this software stuff. My brake kit is carefully designed to maintain very close to the torque output of the OEM brakes. On the 366mm the output is almost exactly matching the output of the 345mm OEM brakes. So there isn't really a need for me to change it, it's designed to work as a direct swap. I suspect it's a subtle at best adjustment, hardly anything one would consciously notice. If it works, I will try and see.

Those flashy aftermarket brakes...there is no setting that will adjust for the awful "engineering" on those lol. No other kits match the OEM system very closely, other than StopTech and probably a Brembo GT kit. The factory V60 Polestar brakes are essentially a Brembo GT kit on the car as OEM.

I'm already get the Brembo GT kit (Polestar version) when i change setting to 6 piston option,but shows abs function fault,it can drive like normal and break feels good than before,just lost autohold function.Finding solution to solve it....

You might need to do the ABS reset / learn after this. Same as if you make changes to Pilot Assist. 
Worth a try. I
Already do that,but nothing change,also lock the car and wait 15 minutes.I think my v60's ABS pump is different with v60 polestar...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Retrofit T8 Brakes - 345/320mm to 366/340mm - by Liven - 05-14-2023, 02:02 PM