Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bending Lights and Active High Beam
(02-04-2023, 03:58 AM)Partridge Wrote: Ok, I strongly suspect that there is an error in the lookup table, which I believe should read:

Code:
05 LED With Bending Light, type A, Top Range
06 LED With Bending Light, type B, Top Range
07 LED, Without Bending Light, type A, Mid Range
08 LED, Without Bending Light, type B, Mid Range
09 LED, without Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND Mid Range
0A LED, without Bending Light, Type B, with HCM ROW Mid Range
0B LED, with Bending Light, Type A, with HCM US/CND High Range
0C LED, with Bending Light, Type B, with HCM ROW High Range

I’ve tried the 0C ROW setting on my US spec car XC90 and it appears to be behaving exactly the same as the 0B setting with respect to the adaptive functionality.  I suspect it may have more to do with the particular setup of the default beam pattern to meet DOT vs EU parameters than with any actual mechanical differences.

l will see if I can cross reference this with other info I have and confirm. I am very careful about "correcting" the info, as it's ultimately leaked from Volvo, so they are the source of truth. But of course mistakes/typos do happen. I think you are probably right, and if I can confirm it in another way, I will update hat description for "0C".

(02-04-2023, 03:21 PM)marinalin85 Wrote: In Europe we are poor, we don't really have street lights outside the city (not all Europe obv.)
If it works then perfect
This is where VAGCOM was better (thats how VAGs are not that OrBit is not good). You were able to change the intensity and projector position inside the headlight. It would've been helpful here

No worries, VAGCOM been around for a long time! I think the fundamental difference is BMW and VAG seem to have both a system of "central config" (which is where OrBit is at with Volvo) and also a concept of "module config" for each module, with more specific configurations contained within the module itself.

There might a similar such thing in Volvos, it's not known, there are some clues it might exist...or they might not build cars that way, with many individual bits of operation variation in a control system with configuration settings. They could simply control variations by what software is loaded to the unit for example, which would not leave any easy way for us to "code" like you can on a VAG car.

Messages In This Thread
Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by mamous - 02-02-2023, 06:58 PM
RE: Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by Power6 - 02-04-2023, 05:41 PM
RE: Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by x119 - 02-04-2023, 08:29 PM
Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by SlapShot - 02-16-2023, 04:03 AM
Bending Lights and Active High Beam - by BeachBoy - 03-01-2023, 11:47 PM