Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
I did this yesterday (same settings) except 023 was changed to 04 instead.  Had about an hour of driving to play around with it, mixed conditions with stop and go, empty highways, etc.

Maybe I just don't like pilot assist but it was a bit wonky.  Wanders between the lane a bit on the highway which is OK but on secondary roads it is simply not trustworthy. Almost slammed into a curb when it just wandered out of the lane unexpectedly.  Going to move it back to 03 and see how it behaves.

Adaptive cruise works awesome, behaved as I would expect.  So happy to have this feature again.

Stop and go worked just alright--again I don't have a good baseline for how its supposed to be, I only have about a 20 min test drive using pilot assist a little (never trusted it then) and I had a loaner briefly with it (2022 XC60).  In dynamic it reallllly puts the hammer down then brakes abruptly.  Eco was pretty good though.  Other than that it functioned similarly to other systems I have driven with this feature.  Came to a stop and just needed a little tap of the gas to get going.

I did notice some very strange pulsations as the car was slowing that could be felt through the pedal and seat.  Felt like pad deposits.  With the system off I wasn't getting them.  Strange behavior and will keep testing.

I should have some long drives in the next week in various conditions to get a feel for it.  I bring all this up because I sense it may need a calibration to function 100% as intended and we still don't know why a different hydraulic unit is needed.  Curious what other people experience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by kraeburn - 02-02-2023, 05:15 PM
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by ElHeavy1987 - 02-04-2024, 06:31 PM
RE: Enabling Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control - by ElHeavy1987 - 02-05-2024, 09:34 AM