Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DIY CEM (and VGM) PIN Retrieval for Volvo and Polestar
For the technical detail...with this process you are getting a "seed/key sample" from using VIDA. What OrBit does is an "offline brute force" process on the capture to get the PIN, which takes no more then 15 seconds or so on your typical laptop to crack CEM PIN (and VGM PIN where applicable).
Got it. PIN for $$ is great approach, very clever!

It definitely makes sense that the ECUs lock you out with too many failed attempts, and that other methods are much more efficient. I appreciate the technical detail as well, thank you for the info
Can I also get the pin for the ECM to work with VDash Engine Optimization? Or is something even planned with OrBit?
I can likely get PINs for other ECUs, you can email me at support and we could work that out if you need it. Engine Optimization not something I'm into yet, VDash have the process on unlocking the models of ECM they support and a tuner who is supplying the modified calibrations. That's something I have not gotten in to.
When I start the capture with Vida, using vxdiag, which filter to capture from?  Ethernet, usb, other?
(04-16-2023, 08:37 PM)Amphicar770 Wrote: When I start the capture with Vida, using vxdiag, which filter to capture from?  Ethernet, usb, other?

USB.

But honestly get yourself a DoIP cable such as a BMW enet cable. Then run over Ethernet.
Thx.  The vxdiag will not connect to car.  Ordered the cable.
I have had someone test with a vxdiag device. It didn't quite work, the issue is that the vxdiag takes over some of the network communications, and it does not have a "profile" for Volvo which has some specific network config that would be needed for the device to emulate how a plain vanilla Windows computer handles the network connection, to be able to talk to the car. VxDiag could solve it if they created a Volvo profile/setting. If anyone gets in touch with them and they are willing to do that, I am happy to provide any specifics they would need.
Helllo everyone at this great place,

thank you very much to Power6 for his great work, inspiration and motivation to continue work on such nice tool like Orbit, little bit sound like chewing gum Orbit Smile  which popular here in Europe Smile , not sure what's related title Orbit and SW for Volvo, but author knows it best Smile .

Tnx to X119 for maintenance this nice forum , where we can find useful informations like this one for decoding CEM PIN Wink .

As i'm from Europe, and can't get easy Vida subscription for downloading SW by VIDA or any kind such VIDA SW subscription, would like ask anyone from you, as somewhere read by x119 or Power6 for "creative" ways to get VIda SW subscription for us EU guys Smile  ,  was this idea in way to use for ex. VPN with USA IP, i tried that and could register at volvotechinfo.com  USA website, but there when press Purchase VIDA subsciption for ex. 3 days minimal 72$ , couldn't choose that Vida subscription, maybe it was cause some planned maintenance for VIDA USA website was info 14th may will be maintenance and will not work those hours....

I did formal registration, there was necessary fill some field "company" etc. ,  even i'm not company, i'm private person, registration was ok , but later couldn't proceed to purchase VIDA SW subscription!  And how to register for VIDA application, cause once i run VIDA application, there is field user and pass, but this user and pass which registered at volvotechinfo.com  not work at VIDA app, and there is no any field to register, suppose user and pass will be provided after purchased subscription , that volvotechinfo.com will send it to my email?

So, all si clear to me, run VIDA app, login by user+pass for purchased subscription 3 days for ex, do that basic sw test configuration, while in backround before start installing test configuration, to start in backround Wireshark to capture network communication and then to decode capture CEM PIN by Orbit buit-in tool for decoding CEM PIN captured this way,  only left to find way purchase some 3 days VIDA SW config subscription 72-83$ whatever it is for us from Europe Smile ?

Thanks anyone for idea how to purchase VIDA SW config from USA website for European people Smile !

Even USA website was info that it's forbidden purchase such VIDA subscription from USA website by EU guys or other regions Smile ...
Our answer would have been different a year ago to today; if you get a US subscription it's a sure fire way to get your car blocked by Volvo. But it used to be VPN + US Credit card (virtual). 

If you're simply after your PIN then you can use the following links on the Plan page of the website: https://spaycetech.com/buy_orbit

Otherwise if you already have an OrBit license then email Power6 via the following address: info@spaycetech.com