Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mechanical gear lever to electronic gear lever
Photo 
Hi guys 
I have an idea to try changing the mechanical gear lever to an electronic gear lever through orbit。I tried, but failed. I will send you the process. If you are interested, we can discuss it.

I tested T8's EGSM and TACM on my V90cc, it was not work. So we took a XC40 T4 who has a shift electonique, and  used XC40's EGSM and TACM
as a comparison, give the result as follows:

On v90cc (GSM Original)   with 039 shift by wire type 2

Scenario 1     T8's EGSM     *  T8's TACM        NO WORK
      Scenario 2     xc40's EGSM  *  T8's TACM        NO WORK
      Scenario 3     xc40's EGSM  *  XC40's TACM    NO WORK (the screen shows that low shift performance)

The screen always shows that the gear is not in P gear. That is to say, I have been unable to recognize the gear position (in fact, the gear position is actually P gear), Like the picture
At the same time, I can also start and stop the engine.

On XC40 (EGSM Original) with 039 shift by wire type 2 original

Scenario 1     T8's EGSM     *  xc40's TACM     NO WORK
      Scenario 2     xc40's EGSM  *  T8's TACM        WORK
The above are our comparative experiments and results. Next, I will present our theory. As shown in the figure 1 & figure 2

We chose the XC40 with EGSM original mode because they are all T series and AWD22 series gearboxes, so we believe that this is a mature hardware solution that matches the v90cc.
We connected as shown in the following diagram.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-09-2024, 03:48 AM)michel Wrote: Hi guys 
I have an idea to try changing the mechanical gear lever to an electronic gear lever through orbit。I tried, but failed. I will send you the process. If you are interested, we can discuss it.

I tested T8's EGSM and TACM on my V90cc, it was not work. So we took a XC40 T4 who has a shift electonique, and  used XC40's EGSM and TACM
as a comparison, give the result as follows:

On v90cc (GSM Original)   with 039 shift by wire type 2

Scenario 1     T8's EGSM     *  T8's TACM        NO WORK
      Scenario 2     xc40's EGSM  *  T8's TACM        NO WORK
      Scenario 3     xc40's EGSM  *  XC40's TACM    NO WORK (the screen shows that low shift performance)

The screen always shows that the gear is not in P gear. That is to say, I have been unable to recognize the gear position (in fact, the gear position is actually P gear), Like the picture
At the same time, I can also start and stop the engine.

On XC40 (EGSM Original) with 039 shift by wire type 2 original

Scenario 1     T8's EGSM     *  xc40's TACM     NO WORK
      Scenario 2     xc40's EGSM  *  T8's TACM        WORK
The above are our comparative experiments and results. Next, I will present our theory. As shown in the figure 1 & figure 2

We chose the XC40 with EGSM original mode because they are all T series and AWD22 series gearboxes, so we believe that this is a mature hardware solution that matches the v90cc.
We connected as shown in the following diagram.
Just a question, why wouldn't you just sell the car buy the one with electronic shifter if you like them so much? Going all this trouble buying and replacing all the part plus the work and time and last but not least, It would be hard to find some to buy the car after this type of modification.
Unable to complete
Angel
Did you get this to work? I had the same thought. V60 2020.