Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will I need to pay for OrBit over and over again?
I only want to make one change th my car which is adding ACC. I understand that it is advised to restore the OEM configuration before bringing the car to a Volvo dealership for service.  As the OrBit license is on an annual basis this basically means that I will have to to continuously renew and pay for an OrBit license for as long as I will keep the car or else I will stop being able to go back to OEM configuration. Is that correct?
you can revert to OEM if you stop paying...
but reloading changed items again will require subscription
I see. So, before buying an OrBit license I guess I should ask Volvo how much it is to officially activate ACC. This might in fact be cheaper in the long run…
I doubt it.
Not sure you actually can enable ACC at the dealer like that

Ask and let us know.

I would think OrBit will be cheaper

And then you will go down the rabbit hole and put adaptive headlights, remove speed limiter, add fogs with high beams, add paddle shifter steering, etc Wink

Sent from my Pixel 9 Pro XL using Tapatalk
My Volvo dealership told me that the that they cannot add ACC to this car because the configuration is not available in the system. I actually even indicated that I know that the required hardware is already in place and that this is only a software change. But they said no can do nevertheless.

So yes, Orbit is the only way to have it activated. Also,  I suppose I should be less worried about the continuous costs as per my original post. I found a different post on this forum which says that it’s actually no big deal to bring the car in for service and NOT have it restored to OEM first.