Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote Programming (coding)
Hello

This is my first posting in Spaycetech. I've been using such amazing orbit for a month now and I'm having a great time every single day to upgrading my car.
Since I''ve been doing this work, I was thinking if there would be a way to do remote programming for my friend's car where lives far far away.
Normally BMW guys do IP VPN and remote enet program to do but it seems like Volvo unable to read IP MAC and VIN w/ the remote enet program.

Anyone has a solution for this? Or anyone has done remote orbit coding to someone?
(08-02-2024, 04:02 AM)Martin Wrote: Hello

This is my first posting in Spaycetech. I've been using such amazing orbit for a month now and I'm having a great time every single day to upgrading my car.
Since I''ve been doing this work, I was thinking if there would be a way to do remote programming for my friend's car where lives far far away.
Normally BMW guys do IP VPN and remote enet program to do but it seems like Volvo unable to read IP MAC and VIN w/ the remote enet program.

Anyone has a solution for this? Or anyone has done remote orbit coding to someone?

First of all, you would need the CEM PIN of your friend's car.  Second your Orbit license is tied to one VIN which is yours. You will need to ask support team to add your friend's VIN to your license. (I don't know the cost of adding a second VIN to your Orbit license, you will need to discuss that with support team.) 

Once you sorted that out, 
Ask your friend to download and install Orbit and Anydesk on his or her laptop. 
Ask your friend to connect the laptop to his / her car via VOE adaptor which is needed anyway. 
You can control the friend's laptop with Anydesk and run the Orbit on the Friend's laptop with your Orbit credentials. 

Or, ask your friend to purchase Orbit and help her via same Anydesk!  

Done simple enough.
(08-02-2024, 04:52 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(08-02-2024, 04:02 AM)Martin Wrote: Hello

First of all, you would need the CEM PIN of your friend's car.  Second your Orbit license is tied to one VIN which is yours. You will need to ask support team to add your friend's VIN to your license. (I don't know the cost of adding a second VIN to your Orbit license, you will need to discuss that with support team.) 

Once you sorted that out, 
Ask your friend to download and install Orbit and Anydesk on his or her laptop. 
Ask your friend to connect the laptop to his / her car via VOE adaptor which is needed anyway. 
You can control the friend's laptop with Anydesk and run the Orbit on the Friend's laptop with your Orbit credentials. 

Or, ask your friend to purchase Orbit and help her via same Anydesk!  

Done simple enough.

Thank you!

I was expecting to use either anydesk or teamviewer