Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IHU
I have a Volvo V90CC and there my IHU has broken. If I'm going to get Volvo to fix it, it's going to cost me almost 3,000 dollars. I can buy a used IHU for 200 dollars, but then Volvo says that my car will not accept this part. It is linked to the VIN number. Can this program help me and accept the "new" IHU?
I have the same question, I might need to replace my IHU on my 2019 s60 too. The question is can we flash a used IHU and make it work.
https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/upgra...800/page-2

I'm only aware of this thread on this subject. Possible, but would need VIDA.
Is it Sensus IHU? For the Sensus, I have a feeling, that it can be supported, to replace it, with a used unit. 

It's not supported in OrBit today, but I am adding IHU flashing for some software to the next version. I am willing to work with someone, who is not looking for a quick fix (which today is to use VIDA), to see what we can do. Can reach out to me via support email to discuss.
(07-12-2024, 01:54 PM)haga_mc@hotmail.com Wrote: I have a Volvo V90CC and there my IHU has broken. If I'm going to get Volvo to fix it, it's going to cost me almost 3,000 dollars. I can buy a used IHU for 200 dollars, but then Volvo says that my car will not accept this part. It is linked to the VIN number. Can this program help me and accept the "new" IHU?

It depends on what and how it is broken. 
Couple of weeks a half cup of sweet drink splashed of the IHU control panel. Because of that rear view camera, GPS and the map display on the DIM were all gone. 
I cleaned all the connectors, buttons with the electronic cleaning spray and dried it with hair dryer on cold.  Left the car a whole day untouched with negative battery terminal out. 
After 24 hours it all came back. 
You are going to pull it out anyway, you may just need a good cleaning or replace some faulty resistors, capacitators and etc.
Here is an update on my IHU. it is acting weird with reverse camera. (not 360)
If I get into car and start the engine immediately or wait the IHU to boot up and then immediately start the engine,  the camera button is greyed out and does not work even in reverse. 

If I get into car, wait for IHU to boot up, put the car in accessory mode first and then start the engine, the camera  works. 

Now, I don't know what's the cause of this exactly. is it the last total upgrade that included IHU upgrade or is it the splashed sweet drink which happened a day or two after the total upgrade.
Here is another update. 
I my IHU started to drive me crazy. New issues popped up. 

Rear Camera icon %99 of the time is greyed out. 
when I press on the button on the steering wheel for the trip computer, Media, Phone and Navigation, it only shows Trip. none of the functions (Media, Phone and Navigation) are showing up. 
I restored the car to OEM then I removed the IHU, opened it up and cleaned all the circuit boards with alcohol and contact cleaner.  Put all back together. At first all functions came back and even the reverse camera. Then a day later, everything is gone again. Checked the DTCs, there is nothing but still cannot have the IHU functions on the dash. 

When I click on the speech button, it recognizes the commands but DIM does not show speech icon and at the end, says "cannot reach voice control please try again later" 

I found a second hand IHU from 2021 s60 R-design. I checked the part number and it should fit to my 2019 s60.  I might need to reload it or flash it. 
Let's see I'll keep you posted.
If you find the same PN it will work with no problem. I put one time on XC90 an IHU from XC60 (for test), thar had another PN, doesn't had DAB, and only error that it gets, was from dual microphone.  Otherway everithing worked just fine
2019 Volvo V60
Here is an update. 
Today I received the used IHU from an 2021 s60 R-Design and the IHU's manufactured date is FEB. 2021.  The donor car had HUD, 4 zone climate and 360 cam. 
I restored all the configurations to OEM and replaced my faulty original unit with the one I received. 

When I started the car, the replacement IHU got all the configurations from the CEM exactly according to my OEM settings. I reset the device to factory defaults. 
Then I connected the Orbit checked for DTCs, there were none. I pushed my saved configuration with all my modifications and everything works. 

My camera started to work again and the communication issues (Media, Phone and Navigation options were not showing) with the DIM were gone. 
VOLVO on call and volvo app works. Then I checked the sound experience application and I got both Jazz club and the concert hall! and it woks! (That's a WIN) 

Now the only issue I have is with application download from download center. 
The device connects to the Internet via modem and detects the updates but when I try to update them, it starts to download and immediately turns into paused. 
I tried the same via home's wifi. Same result.  I will update the maps via USB let's see if it changes anything. 

The previous owner had not installed the spotify app, now I cannot install it because of the above "download paused" problem. 

I'll keep you posted
Here is a final update on this. 
It's possible to switch IHUs on SPA cars. The replacement IHU part number or its Supersession(s) should match the car. 
For example: 
My original IHU part number is 32247896 AA and HW 31667665 AA built in 18/08 and has CD connector at the back. 
The replacement IHU part number is 32343488 AA and HW 32343493 AA built in 21/02 does not have CD connector at the back. 
Main differences, the newer one comes with 120GB SSD drive and the older one comes with 90GB regular 3.5 drive. 

Here is the catch, 
The replacement IHU would not install or update any application or map on a different car.  There are two main reasons.  
1) VOLVO ties the IHU, VIN of the car and the installed application versions on the specific IHU number.
2) IHU itself keeps records of the installed apps in internal memory. 

There is a workaround, 
1) It is possible to swap the hard disk from old to replacement IHU as long as the applications do not require an update on the target IHU or the application(s) has never been installed before on the replacement IHU. 
For example: 
On the original IHU I had weather app which worked but on the replacement IHU the installed weather app required an update (did not work). When I took the original HD and put it on to the replacement IHU, the weather app still asked for the update although the application inside the HDD came from the IHU was indeed the latest.  
The update notification comes from the VOLVO servers, it does not check the actual installed version in the IHU, it checks the last record on their database.  
Available applications for download also comes from the VOLVO.  Although I had all the applications installed and working from the original HD on the replacement IHU, download center still shows all the apps in the new apps tab. 

2) If the replacement IHU does not have all the applications or any app installed but you want to keep the new SSD, 
a) Uninstall all the applications on the original IHU on the original HDD.  The reason for this, VOLVO keeps record of each installed app on each IHU and it does not check if the app exists on the HDD or not.  
b) put the new SSD on the original IHU and download all the applications. 
c) put the new SSD back to replacement IHU and install the replacement IHU on the car. 

In both options, you won't be able to update or install new apps on the replacement IHU until the car is connected to VIDA and it won't allow to perform total upgrade until IHU software reload is done.  I don't know if connecting the car to VIDA would be enough for installing apps or it would require IHU reload no matter what. 

I had to replace my IHU to make the camera work and to resolve other issues.  So, at least workaround works for me, I got my applications back.