Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to activate the tow bar
I installed an electric towbar but the towbar opening button is not lit, how can I fix this or is there more detailed instructions on how to activate the towbar blockĀ (TRM)
There are a few items you may want to set for this, click on "Config Presets" on the Configurator tab in OrBit. There are 3 towbar settings in the list, 2 of them for the 2 different styles of the retractible towbar, for the US or EU style plug. Apply the preset for whichever is your case.

The single item 211 controls the Tow bar equipped. The preset helps by setting a couple other items for you, enabling 051 Trailer Stability Assist and setting 110 Rear Foglight Tow Function to shut the rear fog light off when towing. Once you apply the preset you can tweak the settings if you like, such as change Item 110 to enable the rear fog light when towing if you prefer that.

That should get the tow bar working. It is assumed you have installed a used TRM already loaded with software. If that is not the case, we may be able to help you get a new unit loaded with the correct software. If that is needed email me at support(at)spaycetech<dot>com and I will see what I can do.
Was your module used or new?
My module was used and after orbit config it gets lit and works. I have to deactivate it every time I visit the dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk