Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PA
Hi Guys 

I am wondering if I can swap the Brake module for the newer version or do I have to have it set to the car. 
I have updated to PA and works fantastic but occasionally I get a little brake judder especially when in slow traffic. 
Has any one else come across this please and if so how to fix it.

Thanks
First step will always be manufacturer recommendations; correct pump. 
You can certainly install it and change the relevant params.
(08-08-2024, 08:15 AM)x119 Wrote: First step will always be manufacturer recommendations; correct pump. 

Thank you, the dealer told me which module I need but I need to know if it will need to be coded to the car.
Thank you for you reply x119
(08-08-2024, 08:49 PM)Lace2369 Wrote:
(08-08-2024, 08:15 AM)x119 Wrote: First step will always be manufacturer recommendations; correct pump. 

Thank you, the dealer told me which module I need but I need to know if it will need to be coded to the car.
Thank you for you reply x119

Yes, it's not just the pump.  It is actually couple ECUs such as ABS, BSM in one unit. 
You need a brand new one because it's the kind of ECUs you cannot get a used one and reprogram it unless you know how to open it up replace some chips inside from yours to the used one. Still, it's a huge risk, if something goes wrong, you won't be able to start the car at all!  
Having said that, 
First off all check if PA feature is even offered as an accessory to your model and year! Here you can check.  If it's not offered there, VIDA would not install it even if you get the part brand new!