Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OrBit Beta v0.9.94 release notes
0.9.94 is released. This is probably the final patch release to deal with the buggy 3.x version AAOS... The bottom line is, the chance of losing the screen by flashing a config can't be avoided. There is a risk every time you flash any 3.x system car, unless it is upgraded to 3.1.9 where the issue is resolved. I've decided to take the same recommendation that Volvo has for dealers: don't flash any software (i.e. write a config or restore to OEM) to the early 3.x system car, until it is upgraded to 3.1.9 system first. 

(Latest version of OrBit can always be downloaded here: https://app.spaycetech.com/orbitupdate/download) The "update notification" in OrBit will be sent later, but you can download the updated install right away from the link.

New features/fixes:
  • Detection and WARNING for all pre-3.1.9 AAOS 3.x upgraded cars, recommend NOT to flash - If your car is on one of the buggy early 3.x AAOS versions, OrBit will warn you and reccomend not flashing the car when you go to write config to restore to OEM. If you are restoring to OEM, the reccomendation in this case, is to update the car (OTA or dealer) to 3.1.9 without restore to OEM. The risk of losing the infotainment screen and needing the fix, is not worth the OEM restore in this case, best to follow Volvo/Polestar recommendation, upgrade the system to 3.1.9.
  • You CAN still flash the car, if you really want to. I can't imagine a scenario where it is so critical and worth the risk, but I can't rule it out either. If this is your case, before you do it, you can contact me at support email for some further discussion and advice.