Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IHU
From what I've seen, the IHU has a certificate for authentication. Each car has it's own certificate.
Somehow the certificate should be moved from the old unit to the new one. Then it should work again.

It is possible to do a ihu certificate reload in VIDA.
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
(08-05-2024, 07:38 AM)TweakeNL Wrote: From what I've seen, the IHU has a certificate for authentication. Each car has it's own certificate.
Somehow the certificate should be moved from the old unit to the new one. Then it should work again.

It is possible to do a ihu certificate reload in VIDA.
It has nothing to do with certification nor authentication. I connected the car via my laptop's wifi and captured the whole traffic between the IHU and the VOLVO servers. 
IHU successfully hand shakes with the volvo servers in TLSv 1.2 and TCP > HTTPS, server and client exchanges hello and encryption keys. 
Then communication begins. Requesting the list of available updates and new applications.   The problem is, when the IHU requests the download, the request includes the VIN number. Then VOLVO compares the VIN number to the IHU's unique number that requests the download. That unique number does not match to the recorded one tied to the VIN in the VOLVO database thus VOLVO server stops and does not provide download link.
@Power6 Any update on adding IHU reflashing to Oribt. It would be great to be able to update to a new faster IHU and be able to use used parts.