Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set individual mode as default drive mode
My car is 2020 V60 T4 with an 8 inch screen and only the Polestar mode has RPM display. So I use individual mode to get the best combination for me. Is there any way to set individual mode as default drive mode or just change the default comfort mode setting?
I'd like to change POWER STEERING to HIGH, the Dashboard to Polestar.
Also curious about this. I would love to have individual driving mode selected by default when I start the car. Is this possible?
Unfortunately there is no memory for drive mode
You could possibly do this with a PIC.  It could wait until 30 seconds after engine start and then issue the necessary CAN or LIN  commands to activate INDIVIDUAL.
MY19 XC60 D5 Inscription Pro (UK)
(08-31-2024, 11:57 AM)jdhx Wrote: You could possibly do this with a PIC.  It could wait until 30 seconds after engine start and then issue the necessary CAN or LIN  commands to activate INDIVIDUAL.
Exactly

This is what someone did in their Porsche. You can get his circuit board design and all online.

It waits for power then sends the LINbus signal to set in proper mode.

Sent from my SM-S911W using Tapatalk
Where can you tap into the LIN bus on Spa cars?
(09-04-2024, 10:43 AM)jdhx Wrote: Where can you tap into the LIN bus on Spa cars?
I need to recheck the wiring diagram but basically you could in the wires from the rotating switch.
Even the Sensus ones without the switch.

But AAOS I don't think you can because they don't offer the physical buttons it's only through IHU

Sent from my SM-S911W using Tapatalk
Stupid question, have you tried parring your profile to your key and locking your profile after you set your desired drive mode?  It works on mome MY19. S60 

Regarding the sniffing. 
It's not easy as it sounds. I am in the middle of analyzing the CAN BUS (much easier) to turn on / off retrofitted rear ventilated seats.  
Unlike CAN BUS, LIN BUS has activation signal from the master to the slave (switch, module, knob, raer climate panel etc.).  It's not possible to have more than 1 Master in the LIN network.  So, let's say you listen to the LIN / CAN BUS signal to trigger your custom command, the Master would not respond to unregistered LIN SLAVE.  In some cases, you could build a board and put it in the middle between MASTER and SALVE. (one side of the board is slave that receives activation the other side is the master that talks to the slave.  

But your case is different. There is no drive mode switch thus there is no activation signal from LIN MASTER IHU.  
Keep in mind, the IHU is not a CAN BUS module, it is LIN BUS master and FlexRay and as far as I know, the center screen <> IHU is  FlexRAY.  
So, first you need to decode the FlexRAY drive mode message  center screen <> IHU, then try to build a board that sends that Flex RAY message to IHU as soon as engine starts running.
(09-05-2024, 05:53 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Stupid question, have you tried pairing your profile to your key and locking your profile after you set your desired drive mode?  It works on mome MY19. S60 

If that works it would be simple but brilliant!  I'll try it on my car. UPDATE - it does not work on my MY19 XC60, pity.

If not, then the idea of a pcb that acts as a LIN slave replacing the mode wheel and as a LIN master to the actual mode wheel sounds feasible.  It could also do other auxiliary tasks if it also was connected to the CAN bus and itself be configured by wifi to an app on a smart phone.  Only limited by imagination.