Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interior Lights Brightness link to Screen Brightness
Volvo V90 Cross Country D5 Inscription MY2018 

I have a problem that I want to ask if anyone might have a solution to. This is mainly a problem during night time driving. 

I always want the screens to be at the lowest brightness which is why I set the thumb wheel (left to the steering wheel) to always be at its lowest setting. Unfortunately this thumb wheel is also connected to the interior trim/decor lights. When the thumb wheel is maxed out the entire cabin becomes so much cosier compared to everything being blacked out. So because I want to drive with the screen brightness at its lowest I basically never get to enjoy the decor lighting that I paid extra for. 

Now is there anyone who can think of any solution to this? I have been thinking of poping out the thumb wheel unit to see if I can maybe detach a possible wire that goes to the screen brightness but from what I have checked in forums and with my Volvo workshop its software based, thus me turning to this forum. 

I have attached two photos showing the screen and decor lighting with the thumb wheel being at its lowest and highest setting. 
Any tips or recommendations will be very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you ever find a way to do this?
(03-22-2024, 10:38 AM)kraeburn Wrote: Did you ever find a way to do this?

Unfortunately not :/