Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polestar OTA 2.13.1
Hi guys, Newbie here. I just got the OTA for update 2.13.1 for Polestar and as expected, I got a lot of error messages after the update was installed. I was able to reconfigure my car and clear all DTCs but I cannot use ACC or Pilot assist as the car states it’s unavailable. Anyone have this issue after the most recent update? Is there a way to get ACC and pilot to work again? I really like that feature on the car but unfortunately I just have the plus pack which only comes with cruise control. TIA.
Did you set your config for PA/ACC again? Sometimes the update reverts the config and you need to set your config settings again. It sounds like you've done that but just checking that you did!

Next try to run the "ABS Clear Config" on the service tab.

If PA/ACC are still unavailable, can you try using the Config Preset "Cruise Control - PA/ACC - Level 1" settings and write the config?

I have heard from one other person that ecently updated, with a very similar beahivor to what you have found, that does sound like there may have been a change with software udpates, that affects the PA/ACC functioning. Possibly Volvo/Polestar has made an update to software that coincidentally causes an issue here, may require updated config settings reccomendations, or they have intentionally tried to prevent the enabling of PA/ACC. More user reports and possibly research is needed to figure out if that is the case.

if anyone reads this, that has factory PA/ACC and has updated to the latest OTA update, drop me a note at support I want to compare some settings from your factory equipped car!
(12-09-2023, 05:10 AM)Power6 Wrote: Did you set your config for PA/ACC again? Sometimes the update reverts the config and you need to set your config settings again. It sounds like you've done that but just checking that you did!

Next try to run the "ABS Clear Config" on the service tab.

If PA/ACC are still unavailable, can you try using the Config Preset "Cruise Control - PA/ACC - Level 1" settings and write the config?

I have heard from one other person that ecently updated, with a very similar beahivor to what you have found, that does sound like there may have been a change with software udpates, that affects the PA/ACC functioning. Possibly Volvo/Polestar has made an update to software that coincidentally causes an issue here, may require updated config settings reccomendations, or they have intentionally tried to prevent the enabling of PA/ACC. More user reports and possibly research is needed to figure out if that is the case.

if anyone reads this, that has factory PA/ACC and has updated to the latest OTA update, drop me a note at support I want to compare some settings from your factory equipped car!

So this may have been a weird glitch because I left the car sitting for about 6 hours after driving to work and that got the PA/ACC working again. Maybe it just needed to go into deep sleep mode to resolve issues? Not really sure.
Thanks for the report! So this could be something that was due to a software update, some unknown changed behavior. It's not unheard of, that some config changes might need some time to take effect, usually some module needs to "sleep" and wake up to take new settings. This is why OrBit restarts some modules in "post-programming", to shortcut that process for you, for some known settings it forces them to take effect right away.

Not enough info yet to say, but I am going to check with the other user and see if he can check that the PA/ACC comes back after a while.
Same thing for me after the update. Restored to OEM prior to updating, set ACC preset and got unavailable. Will try again in a bit after letting the car remain locked.
I also have an issue here. My wife didn't know we had to set the car back to OEM before the update. Lots of errors after the update. Cleared them all and restored to OEM. This cleared up all the issues. However, no matter what I try to update now I get

Orbit Connected
Apply preset: Cruise Control - PA/ACC - Level 1
Generating new config data
Starting Config flash process
Recovering from failure, wait for timeout and reconnect

After this nothing happens anymore and I'm forced to restart Orbit to get it Connected to the car again.

edit 12/22: Tried again today after the car had been sitting charging for 24 hours and updated back to adaptive without an issue. Uploaded the logs in case you want to check Power6
(12-16-2023, 05:41 PM)tlo300 Wrote: I also have an issue here. My wife didn't know we had to set the car back to OEM before the update. Lots of errors after the update. Cleared them all and restored to OEM. This cleared up all the issues. However, no matter what I try to update now I get

Orbit Connected
Apply preset: Cruise Control - PA/ACC - Level 1
Generating new config data
Starting Config flash process
Recovering from failure, wait for timeout and reconnect

After this nothing happens anymore and I'm forced to restart Orbit to get it Connected to the car again.

edit 12/22: Tried again today after the car had been sitting charging for 24 hours and updated back to adaptive without an issue. Uploaded the logs in case you want to check Power6

Is that successed? Could you please share your acc/pa configuration parameter list? Thank you very much!  [Image: smile.png]