Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Position lights
Hi,

I have US XC90 2015 (2016 model), I replaced headlights with european ones, now one position light is running well, another flashes for 2-3 seconds and turns off.
Is it electrical failure or ECU adaptation needed?

I already switched light type in OrBit, but no luck. I also disabled completely DRL, but position light still just flashes.

DTCs in attachment,

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have an XC90 in the UK and when I had problems with my headlights and had the general electric failures (unrelated to changes, granted) a lot of this is where the CEM is checking what it expects to have of various voltage responses based on the headlamp model installed and if it gets back different results, it throws and error and then disables either all of it, or certain functions.

Based on the year and it being early, if say its the same as mine where there is no HCMs on it, it's controlledby the CEM?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Looks like no, when I queried HCM - it tells not installed, so 99% that its controlled by CEM
I have no help to offer, but I tried switching from us to eu lights and also add bending lights, I am getting an error about led channel 4 circuit open. Not sure if it’s at all related.
I think theres voltage adjustment needed, researching how to do that...
As far as I know, whenever a headlight is replaced, the HCM or the CEM should be flashed with new configuration updating the headlight type and production year. There is a procedure for that in VIDA.  Orbit can do it for the HCMs as described here. but nor sure for the headlights controlled by CEM (previous gen). 

If the module(s) are not configured by running the VIDA procedure (headlight  replacement) or flashing with Orbit,  the headlights would not work properly. I had a similar issue when I reloaded both of my HCMs via VIDA without running the proper procedure because VIDA does not have procedure for updating / programing both sides at ones.  It forces 1 reload purchase for each side.
checked couple of hours ago - there is no HCM
I'm not sure if this is the same case, but recently I helped with converting standard USA lamps with bulbs to adaptive European lamps in a pre-facelift XC90. It was necessary to change parameter 116 DRL Technology to "Daytime running light (DDRL) LED combined with Position light." Before changing this parameter, only the DRL lights worked.
Sorry I'm onlyjust responding having one of the first mk2 xc90 as well but in eu. So, not having an HCM means that it is controlled by CEM directly. They do check for specific elements and voltage ranges of features programmed, so it is not a case of just take one out and install another from my understanding without programming them in still unless it is like for like.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk