Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbit using WLAN
Since orbit talks to the car using ethernet, I remember connecting my P2 to my wifi and able to see its traffic. 

With the WLAN shop mode on, maybe we can access the car that way too?

Could we get a box where we could specify the IP adress and/or MAC address to test this idea ?
Shop Wifi is a no-go when I looked at it. When the car connects to the shop Wifi (tech pushes lock 3x on the key fob), the car connects to a known WIFi network, using certificate authentication, and then it connects up to Volvo cloud, The car then becomes available in VIDA, within the same dealership, for any tech to connect to, a connection which is brokered by the Volvo cloud back end through VIDA.

It's not a process we can use "ad-hoc" from a PC directly to the car...
(08-03-2023, 04:18 PM)Power6 Wrote: Shop Wifi is a no-go when I looked at it. When the car connects to the shop Wifi (tech pushes lock 3x on the key fob), the car connects to a known WIFi network, using certificate authentication, and then it connects up to Volvo cloud, The car then becomes available in VIDA, within the same dealership, for any tech to connect to, a connection which is brokered by the Volvo cloud back end through VIDA.

It's not a process we can use "ad-hoc" from a PC directly to the car...

What about the regular WiFi ? Not the shop wifi. I can connect my car to my personal Wifi. That's what I really meant.
Yes.  You can connect to internet using either bluetooth or wlan.
(08-04-2023, 02:46 AM)Another XC Wrote: Yes.  You can connect to internet using either bluetooth or wlan.
That unfortunately wasn't the question

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
[Image: nvU26] 2022 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered [Image: nvU26] - OrBit Modded
I tried my vxdiag with LAN/WLAN, but OrBit couldn't discover the car... will try next time again...
VXdiag is a J2534 interface, so that's not gonna work anyway. 
You can connect the car to the wifi, yes, but only the sensus part of it. As it connects to the Volvo servers, only dealers can do a remote diagnostics.

So, wireless diagnostics for us is not possible.
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options
(08-07-2023, 06:43 AM)Stranger Wrote: I tried my vxdiag with LAN/WLAN, but OrBit couldn't discover the car... will try next time again...

vxdiag has doip interface and i work with it wireless with my LR Discovery5
VxDiag so far hasn't supported connecting to the Volvo with their DoIP adtpers. Due to the way the Volvo DoIP works, they would need to add specific support for it to work.