Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convert Sensus system to icup?
(06-15-2023, 08:49 AM)BeachBoy Wrote:
(06-13-2023, 03:21 PM)mrs Wrote: That's nice, unfortunately for us with Sensus SPA no much luck, as no still full screen carpla-aa,  and probably will never be...
If we can break the sensus IHU code maybe someday it will be possible

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes, that way can be some hope, for ex. Porsche had no full screen carplay, and their units based on QNX, some of guys at forums did reverse engineering and modified .jar classes,  java files responsible for resolution and made it full screen carplay to fit full screen, here SPA seems based on Win CE, and not sure will be possible same logic, but think yes, as in past remember some Win CE PNA devices, guys at forums adapted to higher resolution, in fact we need modify it to fit full screen function of carplay, android auto. Guy who solved for Porsche, did it way that replaced original .jar file for carplay with modified one which fit full screen.

(06-15-2023, 02:19 PM)Power6 Wrote: Ahhh a question as old as time...well maybe not that old. Can I convert the Sensus to Android?? 

It's just not feasible, not that anyone is even trying to prove that statement wrong. There are so many more changes with the iCup cars "under the covers" with new systems, new ECUs introduced etc. that it's probably better nobody will ever try ;-)

Now to the question that is really as old as time!! Full screen Car Play on the Sensus. Yeah it needs work to be done cracking and reverse engineering there. If anyone would like to take a crack at it, you got some skills ideal to hack on a (customized) Windows CE based OS...reach out to me! I have extracted the HDD of a Sensus, and a good portion of the system files as well. It's just beyond me and I don't have time to try to take it further. But I can give you what I got. With OrBit I have the distribution/installation method already in place for any hack that can be achieved on the Sensus system, or I can take that part on no problem if an interesting solution arises.

Conversion Sensus to Android is not so easy, as different platforms, one wince, other android, in past what mostly used was emulation wince or and, but that not so useful, as there not much resources, ram, cpu, and will be so slow running 2 os.

But full screen carplay-android auto on Sensus would be good, in way modification responsible files for carpl-aa apps for wince os to fit full screen. Those old Win CE elf, not much people active, and will be challenge solve it.  Hope will be interested guys skilled with Win CE, to modify files  for carplay, aa, to fit full screen, as now is very bad solution by Volvo, as it takes small part of screen, like 30-50%, and difficult use, instead to be full screen on nice big screen like it has sensus...
It may be very easy to do a retrofit to the newer android style IHU/DIM but no-one did it. So everyone says it is hard to do.
Parts are hard to come by at this moment or very expensive. (saw some figures of 800 euros for only the IHU.) But I'm still determined to take a look into it if I found one nicely priced.

nicest way, indeed, is to decompile the Sensus software and fix the issue internally. Maybe something like the navigation, that has a button to make it full screen as well. But still no Apple maps in the DIM then. That's iCup only. So I think I still prefer iCup. :-)
- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options