Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voice command and infotainment language?
Hello,

in Sensus, is it possible to  have different language for voice commands and infotainment system?

I want to use Hungarian for the user interface, but that language package does not allow for voice commands. I could talk to the car in English, but do not want to change the interface. As I understand, changing the language will change it on all screens.

Is it possible to somehow have different languages for these features?
(08-20-2024, 08:48 AM)András Wrote: Hello,

in Sensus, is it possible to  have different language for voice commands and infotainment system?

I want to use Hungarian for the user interface, but that language package does not allow for voice commands. I could talk to the car in English, but do not want to change the interface. As I understand, changing the language will change it on all screens.

You can check below.
197 SYSTEM LANGUAGE
199 SPEECH LANGUAGE 
There is no Hungarian in the  SPEECH LANGUAGE options.  Assuming, when you set the system language to Hungarian from the Sensus, it disables the voice control.  Try this way. 
Put the system language to prefered english (US, UK ) first. Make sure voice control works. 
Then from Orbit change the 197 SYSTEM LANGUAGE > 11 Hungarian 
This might trick the system not to disable the voice control.
(08-20-2024, 05:18 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

You can check below.
197 SYSTEM LANGUAGE
199 SPEECH LANGUAGE 
There is no Hungarian in the  SPEECH LANGUAGE options.  Assuming, when you set the system language to Hungarian from the Sensus, it disables the voice control.  Try this way. 
Put the system language to prefered english (US, UK ) first. Make sure voice control works. 

Hello,

I wanted to try what you wrote, however no matter what settings I had in the car, Orbit always showed "11 Hungarian" for system language and English for Speech, also for item 198 "Speech" was always selected.

I tried changing system language to German in Orbit, but nothing changed.
(08-21-2024, 05:43 PM)András Wrote:
(08-20-2024, 05:18 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

You can check below.
197 SYSTEM LANGUAGE
199 SPEECH LANGUAGE 

Hello,

I wanted to try what you wrote, however no matter what settings I had in the car, Orbit always showed "11 Hungarian" for system language and English for Speech, also for item 198 "Speech" was always selected.

I tried changing system language to German in Orbit, but nothing changed.
So It seems Sensus disables the speech as soon as the IHU boots up with unsupported speech language as system language.  Regarding the 197 SYSTEM language, what happens if you change the language to English from the sensus and read the car again from Orbit. Does Orbit show the set language "english" or does it still shows "german" your last input.  It might be a legacy config setting
(08-21-2024, 08:51 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: So It seems Sensus disables the speech as soon as the IHU boots up with unsupported speech language as system language.  Regarding the 197 SYSTEM language, what happens if you change the language to English from the sensus and read the car again from Orbit. Does Orbit show the set language "english" or does it still shows "german" your last input.  It might be a legacy config setting

Neither, no matter how I changed it in the car, it always remained in the original "Hungarian" configuration for system language and english for speech.

I tried to change it to "German" from Orbit, but it had no effect whatsoever, the language was unchanged.

I also tried to read settings from the car multiple times after changing language in the infotainment system options, but the settings did not change.

I even tried to close down the car, let it go to sleep, then try again, but no change.
This system language is only for restoring the car to default option from sensus. I had this set up originally to Swedish. I changed both keys users to default and all was back to Swedish. Now set it up to Polish in orbit and when loading default settings the initial language is Polish. Not sure what else this option is doing.
As soon as I change language to polish voice commands are not available anymore. Except of when I use android auto. But this is a different story.

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka
(08-21-2024, 09:25 PM)András Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 08:51 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: So It seems Sensus disables the speech as soon as the IHU boots up with unsupported speech language as system language.  Regarding the 197 SYSTEM language, what happens if you change the language to English from the sensus and read the car again from Orbit. Does Orbit show the set language "english" or does it still shows "german" your last input.  It might be a legacy config setting

Neither, no matter how I changed it in the car, it always remained in the original "Hungarian" configuration for system language and english for speech.

I tried to change it to "German" from Orbit, but it had no effect whatsoever, the language was unchanged.

I also tried to read settings from the car multiple times after changing language in the infotainment system options, but the settings did not change.

I even tried to close down the car, let it go to sleep, then try again, but no change.

Have you tried to update the voice control files from USB? maybe the updated version would allow you to have Hungarian system language with English VC. 
https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...trol-files
(08-21-2024, 09:40 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 09:25 PM)András Wrote:

Have you tried to update the voice control files from USB? maybe the updated version would allow you to have Hungarian system language with English VC. 
https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...trol-files

Gave this a shot. The update went through with no problem. No change in the behavior.