Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's a CEM/VGM pin and how do I know if I have one ?
Sad 
I was about to purchase orbit and realized that for the $100 I need a Pin? If I don't have one this won't? I was not ready to pay $225.. where can I find this code if I have one ?
(07-27-2024, 06:54 PM)Mig529 Wrote: I was about to purchase orbit and realized that for the $100 I need a Pin? If I don't have one this won't? I was not ready to pay $225.. where can I find this code if I have one ?

I don't know about VGM pin but for CEM pin you have an alternative. 
You need to have VIDA subscription costs around $90 for 3 days.  While you have the subscription, you can do total upgrade for $0.1 (free). 
You need wire shark to capture the traffic while doing total upgrade or installing configuration change which is also free ($0.1).  Then you can use the Orbit to analyze the captured traffic to extract the CEM pin.
Both can be extracted with the above method.
@Mig529

If you have no experience in using vida and wires shark like I did just give those 100 bucks to them and you will get CEM pin in the mail next day. Easy enough, CEM pin works - no risk. As soon as you enable one of the options in your car you will simply get your money back as you would pay much more if done by dealer.
Within the first week I managed to activate ACC, pilot assist, POLESTAR optimisation, sat nav. Still to to do active high beam, front parking sensors and maybe something else from over 500 options in Orbit.

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka
(07-28-2024, 07:51 AM)Sieluck Wrote: @Mig529

If you have no experience in using vida and wires shark like I did just give those 100 bucks to them and you will get CEM pin in the mail next day. Easy enough, CEM pin works - no risk. As soon as you enable one of the options in your car you will simply get your money back    as you would pay much more if done by dealer.
Within the first week I managed to activate ACC, pilot assist, POLESTAR optimisation, sat nav. Still to to do active high beam, front parking sensors and maybe something else from over 500 options in Orbit.

Wysłane z mojego CPH2581 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Is there something they vida can do that orbit can't ? Because for the same money I could get both, vida and orbit. 
(08-02-2024, 11:24 PM)Mig529 Wrote:
(07-28-2024, 07:51 AM)Sieluck Wrote: @Mig529

Is there something they vida can do that orbit can't ? Because for the same money I could get both, vida and orbit. 

To answer this question; VIDA is heavily restricted and mainly diagnostics and will charge you for any changes I.e enabling car play or Android auto. It won't allow you to retrofit items without performing a full reload of the applicable modules., and that's only if such retrofits are 'allowed'.  
Orbit you can change everything, for a fixed price, without restriction.