Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extended speed indication.
Hi,
Anyone know whats this config? 

01 Without extended indication
02 Extended indication

Thanks!
Interesting. I’m guessing it sets the range of the speedometer. In some markets they are not legally allowed to have the speedometer read over a certain amount to reduce speeding. Not sure if this is a current setting or historical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I know, it's for the option of switching the middle speed indicator (numbers) to show in kmph or mph. Basically to show both.
(05-21-2024, 05:13 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: As far as I know, it's for the option of switching the middle speed indicator (numbers) to show in kmph or mph. Basically to show both.

That’s actually kinda cool. Might try it.

(05-21-2024, 05:11 PM)Partridge Wrote: Interesting. I’m guessing it sets the range of the speedometer. In some markets they are not legally allowed to have the speedometer read over a certain amount to reduce speeding. Not sure if this is a current setting or historical.

I config  02 Extended indication. Speedometer maximum remains 260 kph...
Thanks

(05-21-2024, 05:13 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: As far as I know, it's for the option of switching the middle speed indicator (numbers) to show in kmph or mph. Basically to show both.

I didn't notice any difference. Tomorrow I will test. Thanks!
As far as I know it is with the newer Volvos, especially with the iCup ones, where the speedlimit on the DIM is 200 KPH. 

With the extended indication the DIM goes to the previous default of 260 KPH.

- MY2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered, Full options