Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
109 - headlights (got ADAPTIVE HIGHBEAMS TO WORK!!)
Question 
2021 xc60 polestar engineered 

After many many issues (because I was using a virtual machine via a Mac) and Power6 stepping in at all hours of the night and morning. I actually had to load a 27inch monitor and full atx chassis into my car for him to recuse me from a BRICKED car (again, my fault not Orbit) I’ve set my speed limit to 190 (hit 157 today on a track) and updating my wheels due to 21’s for winter and 22’s for summer. I was in tinkering mode.. as I’ve already accomplished what I got orbit for. 

Enter 109 “adaptive (and bending via another config #)  I now have fully operating ACTIVE HIGH BEAMS. 

Was just driving in a lot of traffic, and after almost a 20 minute drive with my active highbeams on most of the time, nobody flashed me not once, and I saw how they lit up part of the road and part of the other road was not lit just adjusted as it needed based on oncoming traffic. It seems vehicle speed is also part of the algorithm.
(03-01-2024, 11:20 PM)xc60P* Wrote: 2021 xc60 polestar engineered 

After many many issues (because I was using a virtual machine via a Mac) and Power6 stepping in at all hours of the night and morning. I actually had to load a 27inch monitor and full atx chassis into my car for him to recuse me from a BRICKED car (again, my fault not Orbit) I’ve set my speed limit to 190 (hit 157 today on a track) and updating my wheels due to 21’s for winter and 22’s for summer. I was in tinkering mode.. as I’ve already accomplished what I got orbit for. 

Enter 109 “adaptive (and bending via another config #)  I now have fully operating ACTIVE HIGH BEAMS. 

Was just driving in a lot of traffic, and after almost a 20 minute drive with my active highbeams on most of the time, nobody flashed me not once, and I saw how they lit up part of the road and part of the other road was not lit just adjusted as it needed based on oncoming traffic. It seems vehicle speed is also part of the algorithm.

I've enabled this successfully on a US-spec V60. Visibility at night seems good, and I can see a lot more adjustments with bending and beams of light turning on and off while oncoming cars pass by. But I'm concerned about the hardware... Are the beam patterns different due to hardware (ECE vs NAR-spec)? If this is enabled and there are indeed hardware differences between NAR and ROW, I'll probably restore the default config. I want to make sure the headlights properly aligned.
(03-10-2024, 02:27 AM)agarc Wrote:
(03-01-2024, 11:20 PM)xc60P* Wrote: 2021 xc60 polestar engineered 

I've enabled this successfully on a US-spec V60. Visibility at night seems good, and I can see a lot more adjustments with bending and beams of light turning on and off while oncoming cars pass by. But I'm concerned about the hardware... Are the beam patterns different due to hardware (ECE vs NAR-spec)? If this is enabled and there are indeed hardware differences between NAR and ROW, I'll probably restore the default config. I want to make sure the headlights properly aligned.

Yes, there are physical and electrical differences. Adaptive will work but the beam pattern is physically produced by the lights - not software. On the pixel cars, beam pattern is controlled by software.
With array headlights like these, most of the difference in the headlights from ECE to NA is all in software. The beam pattern is defined by where the lights are aimed, not by the physical reflectors.

You can even switch the car from R side traffic to L side traffic and the lights can swap beam patterns.

People used to think that the little dummy lights on the bottom half of the array were part of the active LED system, but they’re just placeholders in both markets.

The biggest difference is the orange reflectors that are required in NA spec vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk