Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing 12v battery from group H7 to H8
I'm having some issue with sourcing group H7 battery locally Huh (what came with the car), but most stores have the bigger group H8 battery in stock.
I know this is a supported battery size in CEM "H8 AGM Exide 95Ah 850CCA", so I'm just wondering is there more to changing the battery size than changing the config in CEM?

VIDA product specification is a little unclear on how the charging circuit works, my understanding is that the CEM takes reading from BMS and then it can command alternator control module to change the supply base on the charging algo determined by the CEM?

I think the H8 battery is about 15ah bigger than the H7 capacity wise, I suppose it might be fine if I just leave it as it, but I figured if I am doing it, I want to do it right.

Thanks in advance.
Well, this is big a waste of time, H8 battery won’t fit physically, the tray is too short.
(02-10-2024, 08:59 PM)richardGG24 Wrote: Well, this is big a waste of time, H8 battery won’t fit physically, the tray is too short.

What model car? I was planning to do the same in my XC90. I was under the impression that the H8 does fit the same tray. Where is the option to change the battery size? I don't have OrBit yet but I do have the VIDA cable.
Before changing the battery to a higher amperage  check if the alternator and wiring supports it. Changing the config is fine but if the alternator does not actually have enough power, you can easily burn it out. 
Check out 031 for the alternator you have and verify if it supports or not.