Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable version, or install on USB
Big Grin 
Hello there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get a portable version of Orbit? Or a version that we could install on a USB drive?
The background to the question is that I have a Win 11 desktop PC and a Win 11 laptop. I do not have admin privileges on the laptop, but I would like to avoid having to buy a separate laptop just to use Orbit. Undecided

Thanks!
Umm. How far away is your car from your desktop?

Ethernet cables come in some pretty long lengths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh, quite a ways. It's in the underground garage, and I am in a first floor apartement  Confused
Probably a no on this. OrBit is pretty lightweight, small install, currently does not require admin rights to install!

BUT...in the near future OrBit install is going to require admin rights, in order for the installer to be able to create the Windows firewall exception that OrBit requires.

The problem with corporate laptops is...OrBit will install successfully with no admin rghts needed...then the firewall or some other 3rd party company security software blocks OrBit from being able to connect to the car...and I get a support message "OrBit doesn't work!!" and I get to troubleshoot corporate laptops. Admin rights required to install will solve that problem ;-)