Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy entry/egress
So I’ve given this setting a try on my 2019 xc90.

With setting 80, retraction and down, I didn’t seem to get any change. Has anybody gotten this one to work?

With setting 03, I get a new option in convenience to enable easy exit.

It definitely retracts the seat on exit, but there seems to be very little rhyme or reason to whether it or not it returns on to normal when I get back in. Sometimes it does, sometimes I have to hold down a memory key to get my position back. I do have a driver profile linked to my key.

I’ve had a look at the offset settings in orbit. It says viable entries are from 0000 to FFFF. Mine is around 219 or so IIRC. Does anybody know what this numeric value corresponds to? How much should I be adjusting it in what direction? If nobody knows I’ll have to do some experimenting, but no sense reinventing the wheel if someone else already knows the answer. [Image: 0727691861564fe4aa2e88e4ad74c873.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen and heard the same: easy ingress/egress slide setting seems to work, if you use the slide + height option, it does not show in Sensus. There might be some cars that one works on, don't know but it's there to play with for anyone to try!

The slide offset, it's just an unknown hex value, probably something like "pulses" from a hall effect position sensor. Not anything that corresponds to something useful that I have found. Just something to play with. 0219 is the default slide offset we have found. You can try changing however you like. The user that asked me to add it, had discovered it and found it useful as he did not like how far the seat slides back with easy egress, so he reduces the offset, I think he likes 0101 but again you can see what you like, if you care to adjust it!

I haven't worked out the full "logic" of the entry/exit process. There may be some quirks to it. Also if testing it, I think you want to make sure you open and close the door as normal, since the door being open or closed effects the operation logic of it.

If anyone wants to play with the offset and measure actual seat movement distance over a number of data points, feel free to send me that data and I can make the translation to distance in the OrBit GUI for it.
(04-11-2023, 09:55 PM)Partridge Wrote: So I’ve given this setting a try on my 2019 xc90.

With setting 80, retraction and down, I didn’t seem to get any change. Has anybody gotten this one to work?

It definitely retracts the seat on exit, but there seems to be very little rhyme or reason to whether it or not it returns on to normal when I get back in. Sometimes it does, sometimes I have to hold down a memory key to get my position back. I do have a driver profile linked to my key.

I’ve had a look at the offset settings in orbit. It says viable entries are from 0000 to FFFF. Mine is around 219 or so IIRC. Does anybody know what this numeric value corresponds to? How much should I be adjusting it in what direction?  If nobody knows I’ll have to do some experimenting, but no sense reinventing the wheel if someone else already knows the answer. [Image: 0727691861564fe4aa2e88e4ad74c873.jpg]

I have tried that and disabled it because for my size, it did not make any difference. But it is indeed a nice feature. 
You mentioned that you have profile linked to your key. What you need to do is...

1) Set everything as like on your profile with your linked key. 
2) In the profile settings, lock your profile. (this is the critical part) 
If you lock your profile with the key is linked and change something, those last changes will not be stored in your profile. Next time you unlock your car with the same key, settings will go back the way you stored them before locking your profile. 
3) Enable the settings. 

Next time you unlock your car with the same key and turn on. Seat should go back the way you stored.
(04-15-2023, 02:22 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(04-11-2023, 09:55 PM)Partridge Wrote: So I’ve given this setting a try on my 2019 xc90.

I’ve had a look at the offset settings in orbit. It says viable entries are from 0000 to FFFF. Mine is around 219 or so IIRC. Does anybody know what this numeric value corresponds to? How much should I be adjusting it in what direction?  If nobody knows I’ll have to do some experimenting, but no sense reinventing the wheel if someone else already knows the answer. [Image: 0727691861564fe4aa2e88e4ad74c873.jpg]

I have tried that and disabled it because for my size, it did not make any difference. But it is indeed a nice feature. 
You mentioned that you have profile linked to your key. What you need to do is...

1) Set everything as like on your profile with your linked key. 
2) In the profile settings, lock your profile. (this is the critical part) 
If you lock your profile with the key is linked and change something, those last changes will not be stored in your profile. Next time you unlock your car with the same key, settings will go back the way you stored them before locking your profile. 
3) Enable the settings. 

Next time you unlock your car with the same key and turn on. Seat should go back the way you stored.

Thank you!

That was the problem. With an unlocked profile, under certain circumstances the car would store the retracted position into the profile and then the seat wouldn’t move when the car was started. Locking the profile fixed it and it’s now working consistently

Clearly this is a quirk of poor programming, but it works once the profile is locked.

Now that it’s working I’m going to try to see if I can derive a conversion between position and the stored retraction value.

I understood the logic of the function. My car is a Volvo XC90 2016. For the function to work, you must select retracting and down in the Orbit configuration settings. The function does not appear in the Sensus menu, but the function works.
This isn't working properly for my 2019 XC90 R-Design. It has the electric leg extension so I'm wondering if that's my issue. Neither option lowers my seat - choosing both retracts the extension and slides the seat back but doesn't lower it.

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red
4C, Advanced, B&W, CF Inlays, Heated Steering Wheel/Rear, Polestar, 20s

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
Advanced, HK, Multimedia, Premium, Heated Steering Wheel, 20s
(09-02-2023, 03:50 AM)Pau1ey Wrote: This isn't working properly for my 2019 XC90 R-Design. It has the electric leg extension so I'm wondering if that's my issue. Neither option lowers my seat - choosing both retracts the extension and slides the seat back but doesn't lower it.

Same on my MY16 XC90. Also have electric everything seats. 

I wonder if this is an ‘inscription’ trim thing then!
I don’t think lowering is actually a working option. It just slides back and forth and retracts the extension.

(09-02-2023, 02:38 PM)x119 Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 03:50 AM)Pau1ey Wrote: This isn't working properly for my 2019 XC90 R-Design. It has the electric leg extension so I'm wondering if that's my issue. Neither option lowers my seat - choosing both retracts the extension and slides the seat back but doesn't lower it.

Same on my MY16 XC90. Also have electric everything seats. 

I wonder if this is an ‘inscription’ trim thing then!

(09-02-2023, 08:57 PM)Partridge Wrote: I don’t think lowering is actually a working option. It just slides back and forth and retracts the extension.

Ah OK, glad to hear it's not just mine then. Thank you both!

2019 XC90 T6 R-Design
Passion Red
4C, Advanced, B&W, CF Inlays, Heated Steering Wheel/Rear, Polestar, 20s

2020 XC60 T5 Momentum
Bright Silver Metal
Advanced, HK, Multimedia, Premium, Heated Steering Wheel, 20s
I found the same thing yes, only slide back egress retraction works. Although on my S60, with sport chassis, the seat going down would not be any help to get out of the car ;-)