Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delete uneccessary Navigation Maps to improve Speed
Hi,

I installed multiple maps from the regions in Europe i will never go to. And now I noticed that navigation takes longer to boot/is slower.

Is it possible to delete these maps that I don’ t need?

Also a side question, is it possible to delete bluetooth connection device history? My friend connected his phone to play some music and now I see his device name everytime I try to connect my phone.
(07-22-2024, 10:21 AM)Advancedas Wrote: Hi,

I installed multiple maps from the regions in Europe i will never go to. And now I noticed that navigation takes longer to boot/is slower.

Is it possible to delete these maps that I don’ t need?

Also a side question, is it possible to delete bluetooth connection device history? My friend connected his phone to play some music and now I see his device name everytime I try to connect my phone.

You can delete the previous Bluetooth devices.  
As far as I know, it is not possible to delete the maps from sensus itself. But I know, VIDA has a procedure for clearing all the maps. After that, desired map can be reinstalled. 
Not sure if Orbit has a predefined IHU command for deleting the maps.
I can delete all maps using my LAUNCH diagnostic, so if you can find somebody with Launch, it takes a few seconds...
Under IHU there is a routine control "Map Data All Maps Erase" and also "IHU Factory reset"

I can't tell you how to use it, so you might need to try it and reap the consequences!