Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polestar 2 Left hand drive vs. Right hand drive coding
I have a LHD, but in some ways it behaves as a RHD. The things that are supposed to happen when I enter the car and sit down in the driver seat doesn’t. Like turning on the climate and waking up the screens. And when I get back out, it’s supposed to turn them off again. Instead this happens when the passenger (right) door is opened leading me to suspect that the car might be coded as a RHD car even though the steering wheel is on the left side. 

Is it possible through Orbit to code whether a car behaves as a LHD or a RHD?
(06-16-2024, 03:42 PM)Joshua79 Wrote: I have a LHD, but in some ways it behaves as a RHD. The things that are supposed to happen when I enter the car and sit down in the driver seat doesn’t. Like turning on the climate and waking up the screens. And when I get back out, it’s supposed to turn them off again. Instead this happens when the passenger (right) door is opened leading me to suspect that the car might be coded as a RHD car even though the steering wheel is on the left side. 

Is it possible through Orbit to code whether a car behaves as a LHD or a RHD?

There is a setting 008 STEERING WHEEL POSITION >> 01 LHD or 02 RHD but I doubt it's related to that. You have a different problem. First try to restore to factory settings both on Orbit (if you have done any configuration changes)  and then the car from the center display menu.  
If that does not fix the problem, take the car to service.
Ok thanks. I don’t have Orbit yet, but was wandering if there was a setting available to it that could fix my problem. The car also displays the “car active” warning if my passenger opens the right door while the car is in Drive. That warning is only supposed to trigger if the drivers door is opened. Thats why I’m pretty sure there must be some RHD setting going on here, but maybe not something I would be able to fix with Orbit. It’s an import from Germany now driving in Denmark. The only reason I noticed the quirk is because I’ve previously owned another PS. I guess it would be possible for the UK software to be uploaded to a car by mistake at the factory even though it’s build for the Central European market ?‍♂️
(06-16-2024, 07:49 PM)Joshua79 Wrote: Ok thanks. I don’t have Orbit yet, but was wandering if there was a setting available to it that could fix my problem. The car also displays the “car active” warning if my passenger opens the right door while the car is in Drive. That warning is only supposed to trigger if the drivers door is opened. Thats why I’m pretty sure there must be some RHD setting going on here, but maybe not something I would be able to fix with Orbit. It’s an import from Germany now driving in Denmark. The only reason I noticed the quirk is because I’ve previously owned another PS. I guess it would be possible for the UK software to be uploaded to a car by mistake at the factory even though it’s build for the Central European market ?‍♂️

You should be able to check the market by the VIN number.  There are plenty of web sites for VIN decoding, the question if it was doing that from the first day or happened later on!
(06-16-2024, 07:49 PM)Joshua79 Wrote: Ok thanks. I don’t have Orbit yet, but was wandering if there was a setting available to it that could fix my problem. The car also displays the “car active” warning if my passenger opens the right door while the car is in Drive. That warning is only supposed to trigger if the drivers door is opened. Thats why I’m pretty sure there must be some RHD setting going on here, but maybe not something I would be able to fix with Orbit. It’s an import from Germany now driving in Denmark. The only reason I noticed the quirk is because I’ve previously owned another PS. I guess it would be possible for the UK software to be uploaded to a car by mistake at the factory even though it’s build for the Central European market ?‍♂️

That's such a strange problem, that one would want to know the history of "what weird thing" had the car been through, that could cause that ;-) I can't see the normal processes of service, software updates etc. causing that. It does seem you got some RHD vs LHD behavior. The single config item "steering wheel position" is there presumably to control the behaviors of modules for LHD or RHD operation. What would be extremely rare, perhaps impossible is for this to be set incorrectly on a car that has otherwise been serviced and used normally.