Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XC90 II USA->EU orange side marker light
I need to turn off the orange LED that is built into the side of the front headlights in XC90 II from USA.
Is it possible to to this by disabling some options or do I need to physically remove the led - but then there might be error poping up on the display?
You have to change 106 - HEADLIGHTS TYPE from Type A to Type B (e.g. Europe) - it will also disable orange side markers.
Thanks, will try next time.
Today I cut the cable going to this led in both headlights and no fault +marker off.
(06-10-2024, 09:16 AM)R1maS Wrote: You have to change 106 - HEADLIGHTS TYPE from Type A to Type B (e.g. Europe) - it will also disable orange side markers.

Figured I'd jump in to this and inquire about this as I am trying to somewhat achieve the opposite with mine.

My factory settings are:
107  EXTERIOR LIGHT LOGIC
- - 05 Dedicated Day Running Light or Dipped light in all positions

106  HEADLIGHTS, TYPE 
- - Pixel Headlamp Type A

What I want to achieve is using the following EXTERIOR LIGHT LOGIC setting to get the DRL only without all the marker lights when the switch is in "O" position.
107  EXTERIOR LIGHT LOGIC
- - 01 Dedicated daytime running light (DDRL) not together with position light

This setting achieves this except for the fact that the side marker light mentioned in this post does not illuminate in any of the other switch positions. I tried setting the HEADLIGHTS, TYPE option to Type B with no success. I also tried messing around with all the other lighting related options and combined a few of them with various settings to see if it changed anything, which it did not.

I like the look of the amber sidemarker light in the Pixel Headlamp and would like it to stay on. It seems odd why it wouldn't. Do you perhaps have any ideas?

What is the reasoning for Type B (Europe) headlight setting to have it turn off to begin with? Is there different regulations there that don't allow for it?
You have to change  
106  HEADLIGHTS, TYPE 
- - "Pixel Headlamp Type A" to "Pixel Headlamp Type B"
Doesn’t look like the tailight red led is able to be shut off?