Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
371 External Sound - Polestar 2
Building some knowledge, cataloging some unknown configs 

371: exterior sound
02 front: Stock setting - space whirring in drive. 
03 front and rear unit: exterior speaker malfunction error when put into drive. Auditory roaring white noise + space whirring while in drive.
When using 02, you can hear a tone difference for drive (whiring) vs reverese (roaring white noise), I think when using 03 it combines the two.
I’ve done the following to eliminate the external sound generation on a 2023 T8 recharge.

#359 EXTERIOR SOUND: Set to Not Available - but you must also use #371 as #359 won’t disable the sound by itself.

#371 EXTERIOR SOUND SYSTEM: Set to "Without" and use with #359. Used by itself it suppressed the low speed and reverse sounds, but generated an error message on startup (same as removing the external speaker fuse)

Unfortunately, after the 2.13 OTA update, the external sounds could no longer be disabled via these settings alone, but as a workaround I was able to remove the external speaker fuse and not get the “External Sound Malfunction” message each time I started the car.
I don't understand why would you like to disable the exterior sound but here is how to do it with a simple trick without changing any configuration and removing the fuse. 
1) Locate the speaker. (On T8 models, it's under the rear bumper passenger side). 
2) Disconnect the speaker and measure the resistance of the speaker (positive and negative) with ohm meter.
3) Get a resistor little bit higher that the reading. Usually 20k ohm should be enough and connect the resistor between positive and negative wires coming to the speaker. 

There you go, Car will think that there is a speaker and when triggers it, nothing will sound and fuse will not pop up since you have the resistor there.
This is the same trick people use for airbag warning lights to pass the inspection tests.
On the US-spec T8s there’s also a front mounted speaker that’s not easy to get to. I tried going in from the fake lower vent to add a resistor as you suggested, but it appears that you need to remove the front and/or lower trim panels to get at it. The fuse removal was my inelegant fall-back hack - I’m not as talented or brave as many of you when it comes to pulling my car apart :-)

For me, a totally silent pure mode is such a nice experience, but I’m especially careful of pedestrians and cyclists because of it.