Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xc90 ABL - One has Error Code
Hi there,

So I'm not sure if this can be programmed as a reset, if this is HCM, the light itself etc.? My 2016 XC90 came with active bending lights. Only the right side bends though. I have an error code of B128A01 - Left Head Lamp. General Electrical Failure. I'm pretty sure this is the 'why' as this is the one which doesn't bend.

No warning lights however on dash.

Now, could this be reset somehow? I don't know where to start with what would even need replacing here? The light unit maybe? It does go up and down when i start the car. Or would it be HCM?

If I get a new light and that's what is needed, would I need to programme it? Assuming not if using same HCM.

Help much appreciated

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
I‘ve got the Same Problem. Did you solve it?
Not yet. But, having found on some Swedish forum it is usually electrical connections on one of the modules. I haven't had a chance to get the lamp out yet as weather has been awful, but might do this weekend. My plan is remove it (after removing the bumper), remove all modules and then spray electrical contact cleaner on everything to clean it down.

This Swedish guy said it is a fault due to a temperature sensor tripping in and out on the light so it disables some features because it can't tell if it is overheating (so he said). But it fixed it for him.

Found his post here as part of a wider conversation. http://volvosweden.se/forum/viewthread.p...ad_id=1278

(03-29-2024, 07:11 AM)benjyman86 Wrote: Not yet. But, having found on some Swedish forum it is usually electrical connections on one of the modules. I haven't had a chance to get the lamp out yet as weather has been awful, but might do this weekend. My plan is remove it (after removing the bumper), remove all modules and then spray electrical contact cleaner on everything to clean it down.

This Swedish guy said it is a fault due to a temperature sensor tripping in and out on the light so it disables some features because it can't tell if it is overheating (so he said). But it fixed it for him.

Found his post here as part of a wider conversation. http://volvosweden.se/forum/viewthread.p...ad_id=1278

I will do the Same. Also Waiting for better Weather
So I have taken my light out, removed all the modules, cleaned with contact cleaner and nothing. I can get replacement modules (it has 4, but the smaller one has no codes on it but is the one with fins and much smaller). The whole lamp even used is super expensive, but I don't know which module does active bending lights? Any clues from anyone here? If not, might ask the volvo dealership - they probably won't be interested as I'm sure they'd love to sell me a new unit . I have taken the photos of the modules here though. [Image: 34c67a5bb549f3c3018b401755961df5.jpg][Image: 0a2ce1e98e9be3863bde21f96ef582f4.jpg][Image: d52cc0b76a1dda5706ea8d0a08e6c463.jpg]