Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center Speaker on High Performance
Hello everyone,
Is there a way to activate the center speaker from HK or B&W on high performance?
I connected it to pins 2 and 10, but there is no sound. You can only hear minimal noise when you hold the speaker to your ear.
Thank you very much.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
What do you mean active from HK or B&W, By default the center speaker is already activated in both of those AUDs. 
If you have high performance AMP, (neither HK nor B&W), you can connect the center output pins.  (2 and 10). Either your AUD does not have center output or your wiring is faulty. (missing the ground / shorted / switched polarity).
I read that the centerspeaker was deactivated via software and could be retrofitted beforehand. That's probably why I only hear a minimal noise? So there's probably no chance of reactivating it again?

(02-12-2024, 05:51 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: What do you mean active from HK or B&W, By default the center speaker is already activated in both of those AUDs. 
If you have high performance AMP, (neither HK nor B&W), you can connect the center output pins.  (2 and 10). Either your AUD does not have center output or your wiring is faulty. (missing the ground / shorted / switched polarity).

Activate (you wrote and read active? and I wrote activate) on high performance.

Does the high-perf amp even have a center channel output?
Yes, in the swedespeed forum someone wrote that it worked and after a software update it stopped. he had also retrofitted it.
You can also hear a minimal noise when it is plugged in. but I can't find a way to activate it in orbit.

I got you. I will check into it a bit, are there models with center speaker on high peformance audio? It doesn't seem to be a specific config (unless I find something).

Also have you tried to set the audio system to H/K (high performance pro) and see how the output sounds? Just as a testing step to help us learn more.
I don't think there was a high performance center speaker available from the factory. Yes, I also switched to HK once, but the sound was the same, nothing had changed. Not even in the car settings. I haven't tried anything else yet.

(02-12-2024, 07:33 PM)Duffy Wrote: Yes, in the swedespeed forum someone wrote that it worked and after a software update it stopped. he had also retrofitted it.
You can also hear a minimal noise when it is plugged in. but I can't find a way to activate it in orbit.

I think, inside the AUD it's not just software (data and exe) it also requires config to set the channels (MID + high) on the rear doors for 90 series or one channel per rear door for 60 series.  It might require similar procedure like headlight control module when flashing the AUD. 

I had a 2022 loaner S60 B5 AWD while my 2019 S60 was in service for sunroof replacement under warranty. 
The loaner car did not have HK nor B&W. It had the basic high performance audio and remember there was a center speaker on the dash. So, there is a good possibility that it actually has the center output but VOLVO might have blocked (disabled) it via config or software of the AUD on your car. 

However, you wrote that you actually hear very low when you connected the speaker.  Depending on how low the sound you are hearing there are only three options. 
1) You have faulty wiring or speaker that shorts (most likely) 
2) You are missing the negative amp circuit output Positive output of the amp travels trough the speaker and returns to ground of the amp 
3) reverse polarity. 

If there was no output from the AUD, you could not hear anything at all. 
Take a multimeter and measure the voltage (mini Volts DC) of the center output pins when the volume is set to 50%

Do a read out from your AUD software part numbers. Let's compare what you have and what others have.
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

The wires are ok, speaker is ok, I tested it.

Voltage at the Pin 2 and 10 is 0,0065 Volt constant.

I’ve got only the speaker for Volvo On Call
[Image: c15a1fb4dd6c4d4dfd515c9080af7f46.jpg]
[Image: c858527ef669102ca9a76de7f914ec2f.jpg]
[Image: b5c8a1eaa9952e5804c6984bc2215f49.jpg]

Hola, ¿has conseguido hacerlo funcionar?