Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2017 v90 - Stock IHU software
Sad 
Hi guys! 

I have a issue with the sensus system.
It refuses to show the internet globe, doesnt matter if I try to connect using simcard, wifi hotspot or bluetooth hotspot. 

Read that some got Volvo to reflash the IHU or some databox for it. 

Possible to do using Orbit and does anyone got the software or is there any other way of getting the cars internet connection to work? 

FYI I cant download any apps etc. on the car.
(09-01-2023, 10:22 PM)ChrisO Wrote: Hi guys! 

I have a issue with the sensus system.
It refuses to show the internet globe, doesnt matter if I try to connect using simcard, wifi hotspot or bluetooth hotspot. 

Read that some got Volvo to reflash the IHU or some databox for it. 

Possible to do using Orbit and does anyone got the software or is there any other way of getting the cars internet connection to work? 

FYI I cant download any apps etc. on the car.

This happened to me once on my S60 2019. 
I disconnected the negative terminal from the battery and left the car couple of hours. I connected it back and it started to work again. 
You can also try with restoring to defaults too.
Hope this helps to you.
I would first force a reset of the IHU ‘ECU’ with OrBit. That would negate the need for a battery pull as would do the same thing.
Thnx for the help guys! 
Disconnecting the battery didnt help & factory resetting didnt help as well Sad

Gonna try with OrBit reset and see if that helps. 

Read online that some with the same issue got it resolved by reloading the IHU software by Volvo so I guess thats my last step unless I find a stock software.
(09-03-2023, 03:45 AM)ChrisO Wrote: Read online that some with the same issue got it resolved by reloading the IHU software by Volvo so I guess thats my last step unless I find a stock software.

I had the same on ex-car, XC90 MY16, produced in  Sept 2015.
in Jan 2018 I had the issue that no internet neither via modem or bluetooth. Dealer did reload of software and also they said they updated certificates.
Saying that connection to Volvo servers always encrypted and something wrong happned with certificates in my car.
Anything that requires certificates = trip to dealer. Sorry!
(09-03-2023, 03:45 AM)ChrisO Wrote: Thnx for the help guys! 
Disconnecting the battery didnt help & factory resetting didnt help as well Sad

Gonna try with OrBit reset and see if that helps. 

Read online that some with the same issue got it resolved by reloading the IHU software by Volvo so I guess thats my last step unless I find a stock software.

You may also try another trick. 
The SIM card module is at the passenger side. 
Disconnect that module try cleaning the connectors, check the wiring and fuses and connect it back. 
All internet connections is handled by that module, same as AUD; controlling all warning sounds including turn indicator sounds.