Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change audio profile Performance HK and BW
Hi all,

From what I know, the AUD receives from the IHU data packed based on the car audio settings:
High performance
High performance plus(For HK)
Premium Plus (For B&W)

If you change the settings without changing the amplifier, would it still work? Did anyone try this?
I just changed it in my car from High performance to plus (HK) and B&W, without changing the amplifier and without the subwoofer.

I will return with what I found after the IHU gets the settings.
XC90 D4, FWD
to be honest i wont play with it, not sure if it effect the voltage to the sound system!! you dont want to cuse any harm if you got the B&W
2018 XC60 T6 R Design Polestar optimised
(Inscription seats & Rims)
I tested it nothing happened. The IHU menu is buggy and doesn't work like it should for the studio. For example (Just driver/all/rear) wanted that menu to be accessible and switch on/off without putting the point on the default interface.

Most likely, not even the W is sent to the AUD since it sounds the same, and the menu doesn't work the same db according to apple watch on all three settings.
I'm guessing you would need at least the AUD of the HK/BW amplifier for this change to work. (You may also need a subwoofer if your system doesn't have it)

Hopefully this will help someone.
XC90 D4, FWD
You can change it, equipment does differ of course. In my case, I had the HK as original, I did change to the B&W config when I was learning to do the config on Volvos. It's no harm, it changes the options in the IHU and the sound profile changes a bit. IIRC the "sound stage" settings are not compatible between the two, so if you mismatch the config, those settings just have no effect.

When I swappd the amp to a B&W, I ran it with the "HK" stereo config for while, without changing the speakers it just sounded better to me. But again, the sound stage settings didn't work on the B&W amp.

Once I swapped the speakers, then I changed the config to match B&W, as it does sound good when everything is matched ;-)

There is not much harm in trying the things out, just maybe some control doesn't work. The amp connection is optical, it's all digital MOST connection, there is no worry of any hardware issue like overdriving pre-amp voltages or anything like that.
(03-14-2023, 09:53 AM)muntes Wrote: Hi all,
From what I know, the AUD receives from the IHU data packed based on the car audio settings:
High performance
High performance plus(For HK)
Premium Plus (For B&W)
If you change the settings without changing the amplifier, would it still work? Did anyone try this?
I just changed it in my car from High performance to plus (HK) and B&W, without changing the amplifier and without the subwoofer.
I will return with what I found after the IHU gets the settings.

Hi, 

RADIO, AMP AND SPEAKER SYSTEM
01 Performance audio   > Regular without amp
02 High performance audio > Regular with basic amp and with SUB
03 Premium sound audio > B&W with SUB  
04 High Performance Plus audio  HK with SUB

all the options above with SUB also requires 

210 SUBWOOFER    02 SUBWOF. 

On my 2019 S60, I have HK ( 04 High Performance Plus audio  HK with SUB) and 02 SUBOF from factory. 
I changed the setting to  03 Premium sound audio > B&W with SUB  and it works for me. I got 12 band equalizer + Tone control including SUB level under settings > audio
In addition Sound experience app. (with studio, personal stage and the concert hall.  (no jazz club) 

After changing the setting, you will need to turn off the switch and lock the car. Leave it alone about 5 to 10 min.  It should work. 
In terms of amount of speakers. VOLVO S60 with factory B&W system, has 1 additional tweeter on the dash (center).  

Although I'm still running with factory HK speakers and amp, the sound quality is much better. I would say richer. especially the surround control. (individual stage). 

I'm just going to add the center tweeter on the dash.  

I hope this helps.
Greetings OrBiters,

I have a 2022 V60 T8 and this is my experience with audio that was standard in my car (HK HP+ with SUBWOF).  The AUDIO & AMP LEVEL was at '00' Undefined.

First, I left everything  as standard but changed AUDIO & AMP Level to '04' Premium sound audio. Didn't like how it sounded. So changed back to '00' Undefined.

Second, tried changing HK HP+ to Premium sound audio with AUDIO & AMP LEVEL to '04' Premium sound audio and everything worked (Equalizer, Tone, SUB level) and even got Jazz club included in Sound experience app. Sound was more crisp but bass was less. Spent a couple of days with that settings and finally wanted to go back to what came from factory.

So....changed back to HK HP+ but was missing the  '00' undefined in AUDIO & AMP LEVEL options. Left it with '04' Premium sound audio. Bass was back but maybe it's me. Just wasn't the same with options for '00' Undefined in AUDIO & AMP LEVEL settings.

What does '00' undefined do and how can I get it back?? Thank you all Smile.
(05-26-2024, 09:21 PM)cron808 Wrote: Greetings OrBiters,

I have a 2022 V60 T8 and this is my experience with audio that was standard in my car (HK HP+ with SUBWOF).  The AUDIO & AMP LEVEL was at '00' Undefined.

First, I left everything  as standard but changed AUDIO & AMP Level to '04' Premium sound audio. Didn't like how it sounded. So changed back to '00' Undefined.

Second, tried changing HK HP+ to Premium sound audio with AUDIO & AMP LEVEL to '04' Premium sound audio and everything worked (Equalizer, Tone, SUB level) and even got Jazz club included in Sound experience app. Sound was more crisp but bass was less. Spent a couple of days with that settings and finally wanted to go back to what came from factory.

So....changed back to HK HP+ but was missing the  '00' undefined in AUDIO & AMP LEVEL options. Left it with '04' Premium sound audio. Bass was back but maybe it's me. Just wasn't the same with options for '00' Undefined in AUDIO & AMP LEVEL settings.

This will explain: 
https://forums.spaycetech.com/showthread.php?tid=159
(05-27-2024, 11:43 AM)x119 Wrote:
(05-26-2024, 09:21 PM)cron808 Wrote: Greetings OrBiters,

This will explain: 
https://forums.spaycetech.com/showthread.php?tid=159

Understood. Much appreciated.
Now....is there a way of getting it back Big Grin??
Long story short - Mine BW (1st gen) died at the beginning of summer.
Was unable to get new amp at reasonable price, so i bought High performance amplifier 31489096 to get at least turn light sound Big Grin
Changed settings to 02 - but sound was crap by all of means.
Last month get HK amplifier 32265526 at good price - updated settings to 04. Sound was better then with HP amp but yet not the same.
So finally i managed to order BW amp 31456899 - hope this will work as supposed Smile
Do i need to visit dealer for reload if amp came from V90 (I have XC90)?
(08-21-2024, 05:29 PM)CjewyLV Wrote: Long story short - Mine BW (1st gen) died at the beginning of summer.
Was unable to get new amp at reasonable price, so i bought High performance amplifier 31489096 to get at least turn light sound Big Grin
Changed settings to 02 - but sound was crap by all of means.
Last month get HK amplifier 32265526 at good price - updated settings to 04. Sound was better then with HP amp but yet not the same.
So finally i managed to order BW amp 31456899 - hope this will work as supposed Smile
Do i need to visit dealer for reload if amp came from V90 (I have XC90)?

No,  all 90 series use the same gen1 B&W.