Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRS/SODL/SODR/WAM issues
Good day all. 

I am new to this forum, owner of a 2020 XC60 inscription, in a country without VOLVO support or dealership, but i love the car.

Brief background: vehicle was bought rear ended, replaced rear bumper, parking sensors and modules.

Vehicle operates and performs well, however a few functions like cruise control, SRS warning lights active, non functional BLIS etc.

Using ORBIT I have been able to read and clear DTCs but a few are persistent and refuse to clear.

I will appreciate any insights/directions on how to resolve these issues. Please see attached DTC report for list of codes that fail to clear

Sorry for the long post.

Attached Files
.txt   ORBIT DIAG XC60.txt (Size: 989 bytes / Downloads: 18)
(06-27-2024, 02:46 PM)LABELENG1 Wrote: Good day all. 

I am new to this forum, owner of a 2020 XC60 inscription, in a country without VOLVO support or dealership, but i love the car.

Brief background: vehicle was bought rear ended, replaced rear bumper, parking sensors and modules.

Vehicle operates and performs well, however a few functions like cruise control, SRS warning lights active, non functional BLIS etc.

Using ORBIT I have been able to read and clear DTCs but a few are persistent and refuse to clear.

I will appreciate any insights/directions on how to resolve these issues. Please see attached DTC report for list of codes that fail to clear 

Sorry for the long post.

According to DTCs, 
It looks like, you have couple of issues. 
SRS:
VOLVO's seat belts auto retracts incase of emergency (crash) or if it senses the weight on the suspensions are reduced. You are missing the seat belt sensors or they are not connected.  
SODR & SODL:
It looks like who ever fixed the car replaced the sensors with used ones. You will need to reprogram (flash) them.  Some members retrofitted BLISS, not sure if they used brand new ones or flashed the used ones they got. 
As far as I know, reloading the software also calibrates them. 

WAM:
You will need to recalibrate the  CAMs after replacement. Orbit can do that for you. 
SO
(06-29-2024, 07:05 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(06-27-2024, 02:46 PM)LABELENG1 Wrote: Good day all. 

Sorry for the long post.

According to DTCs, 
It looks like, you have couple of issues. 
SRS:
VOLVO's seat belts auto retracts incase of emergency (crash) or if it senses the weight on the suspensions are reduced. You are missing the seat belt sensors or they are not connected.  
SODR & SODL:
It looks like who ever fixed the car replaced the sensors with used ones. You will need to reprogram (flash) them.  Some members retrofitted BLISS, not sure if they used brand new ones or flashed the used ones they got. 
As far as I know, reloading the software also calibrates them. 

WAM:
You will need to recalibrate the  CAMs after replacement. Orbit can do that for you. 
SO

Hey, thanks for the steers.

WAM is ok after calibrating with orbit.
On the SRS side, new front impact sensors were previously replaced, not sure if there further actions required after replacemet.

SODR/SODL: The modules were replaced, I guess what is missing here is the calibration. As mentioned earlier we dont have access to vida/dealer. Any idea how i can get get those config files at cost?
SRS:
B0095 - Right Frontal Restraints Sensor- General Electrical Failures- Circuit open
B0090 - Left Frontal Restraints Sensor- General Electrical Failures- Circuit open
B142B - Pedestrian Protection Sensors Pair #2- General Electrical Failures- Circuit short to battery

If the sensors are replaced, you might have a wiring problem or replacement sensors are faulty. 

For SODR and SODL 
Those modules are VIN coded, so you will need to reload / flash them matches your model. 
See this chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10190815-9999.pdf

Drop an email to support,  they might have the flash files you need. Then you can use the orbit to flash them.
(07-02-2024, 05:34 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: SRS:
B0095 - Right Frontal Restraints Sensor- General Electrical Failures- Circuit open
B0090 - Left Frontal Restraints Sensor- General Electrical Failures- Circuit open
B142B - Pedestrian Protection Sensors Pair #2- General Electrical Failures- Circuit short to battery

If the sensors are replaced, you might have a wiring problem or replacement sensors are faulty. 

For SODR and SODL 
Those modules are VIN coded, so you will need to reload / flash them matches your model. 
See this chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10190815-9999.pdf

Drop an email to support,  they might have the flash files you need. Then you can use the orbit to flash them.

Thanks for the assistance. Will continue with SRS troubleshooting and revert to share my experience.

For SOD will seek admin assistance per adventure they have the flash files to share