Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battery power during Diagnostic and general programming
Hi I’m new here and planing to use OrBit on my Volvo XC60 T8 R Design Pro 2018. This may not be directly relevant, but I noticed even on Orbit tutorial it was mentioned you need to use battery charger when doing car diagnostic. Just wondering if CTEK MXS 5.0 12v 8 Step Smart Battery Charger will be sufficient enough with Output Voltage: 14.4v, 14.7v, 15.8v and
Charging Current: 5A. Would really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly aside from using VIDA to do a huge software load, OrbIt I never plug in my car to play with simple changes.
(02-21-2024, 11:34 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: Honestly aside from using VIDA to do a huge software load, OrbIt I never plug in my car to play with simple changes.

Same. Absolutely no need to do so for simple
changes unless you’re gonna spend 45 minutes staring at the screen pondering your next move.

(02-21-2024, 11:46 PM)Partridge Wrote:
(02-21-2024, 11:34 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: Honestly aside from using VIDA to do a huge software load, OrbIt I never plug in my car to play with simple changes.

changes unless you’re gonna spend 45 minutes staring at the screen pondering your next move.

ahaha that's me.

Going in the parking garage for 30 seconds to swap one setting, ending up sitting in the car for 1h testing different functions.
Yeah never plugged a charger in... never had an issue. 

Advisable however if you do have one!!
Thank you very much for sharing

Just make sure to turn off the headlights lights before switching on  the car and you should be good.