Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
audible locking
S90 2019 no factory alarm, option did nothing.
(05-20-2023, 05:55 AM)lupu_sandu Wrote: S90 2019 no factory alarm, option did nothing.

u need get in to my car setting to enable it
So, just talked to a Volvo tech and he said that the car comes with alarm. That is why I can press the panic button. I don't have any setting for it in the Sensus and I also tried to trigger the alarm by opening the door from the inside (key was 20m from the car) 
Nothing was triggered. The red indicator was blinking in the dashboard. When I told the tech he just said "well, it should work. Thats how you test it"...very helpfull
What can I further do to test it? To be really sure that it has alarm?
2019 V60 D4 Automatic Momentum with AHB
ACC/PA/Backup Camera with OrBit 
I think you can check for the siren, by remove the cover for the coolant reservoir fill, and look in the corner at the base of the windshield on that side... you can see if the "Siren" unit is in there. you need that to make the chirps, for this particular config option to work, audible locking.

There are different levels of "alarm" it might be it works even if you don't have the siren unit ("BBS" ECU). It could use the horn. US cars mostly don't have the motion sensor (IMS) and they don't have the siren unit with the tilt/inclination sensor that detects the car being towed. They still have the basic siren, used in an "alarm" function, open the door without remote unlocking first and the siren will go off. US cars have the siren present though since they all have the audible locking feedback enabled as original I beleive.

Only the car with the IMS motion sensor, has the "reduced guard" button in the Sensus. Otherwise there are no controls for "alarm" functionality.
(06-04-2023, 09:50 PM)Power6 Wrote: I think you can check for the siren, by remove the cover for the coolant reservoir fill, and look in the corner at the base of the windshield on that side... you can see if the "Siren" unit is in there. you need that to make the chirps, for this particular config option to work, audible locking.

There are different levels of "alarm" it might be it works even if you don't have the siren unit ("BBS" ECU). It could use the horn. US cars mostly don't have the motion sensor (IMS) and they don't have the siren unit with the tilt/inclination sensor that detects the car being towed. They still have the basic siren, used in an "alarm" function, open the door without remote unlocking first and the siren will go off. US cars have the siren present though since they all have the audible locking feedback enabled as original I beleive.

Only the car with the IMS motion sensor, has the "reduced guard" button in the Sensus. Otherwise there are no controls for "alarm" functionality.

I just replied to you in PM wirhout seeing this comment Wink)
I will check the car later when I'll drive for work. Even if the siren is there or not, the car shows that is being armed with alarm but it doesn't go off
I might go to the dealer to check but I have to restore OEM again and they all suck there. Soo condescending
https://ibb.co/TPLnKhH
https://ibb.co/KV0DV1w
https://ibb.co/kJvGBDb
This is what I have there
guys, my xc90 USA have - With interior motion sensor preparation, Alarm too. But no Reduced guard button on the screen. Where could be the problem? Which parameter to activate?
You would need to install an IMS, if there is not one there, it mounts to the underside of the overhead console OHC. There is a plug stuffed up in the headliner, toward the left side, you fish it out and connect the IMS. Then change config Item 065 to "02 With Interior Motion Sensor". Interior motion sensing will be functional and the "Reduced Guard" virtual button will appear in the Sensus. Reduced Guard is used to leave the car and lock it (arm the security alarm) without the motion sensing active.
Hello, I don't have the alarm cable installed, do you know what cable is needed and how it is connected?
Thank you so much.