OrBit Forums
Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - Printable Version

+- OrBit Forums (https://forums.spaycetech.com)
+-- Forum: Configuration Items (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Lights (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV (/showthread.php?tid=71)

Pages: 1 2

Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - Fazzu - 03-10-2023

Hi, is it possible with this software to make daytime running lights to stay on even when the light stalk (light switch shift) is in off position but vehicle engine is started or car is put in Drive Mode?

Also can the vehicle be set to remote start with this on the key fob, making not require the app subscription?

Also if there is a link for the cable recommended to use with 2021 XC90 Plug in hybrid (PHEV)?

Thanks

RE: Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - BeachBoy - 03-10-2023

(03-10-2023, 05:10 PM)Fazzu Wrote: Hi, is it possible with this software to make daytime running lights to stay on even when the light stalk (light switch shift) is in off position but vehicle engine is started or car is put in Drive Mode?

Also can the vehicle be set to remote start with this on the key fob, making not require the app subscription?

Also if there is a link for the cable recommended to use with 2021 XC90 Plug in hybrid (PHEV)?

Thanks

For the running lights., you need to play with 107 this, likely set to 05
107 EXTERIOR LIGHT LOGIC 
  • 01 Dedicated daytime running light (DDRL) not together with position light
  • 02 Without Dedicated daytime running light  (DDRL)
  • 03 Dedicated Day Running Light Lamp In Pos '0' And 'POS'
  • 04 Dedicated Day Running Light in pos 'Auto'
  • 05 Dedicated Day Running Light or Dipped light in all positions
  • 06 Without daytime running light(DDRL), with position light. After market
  • 80 DRL with no rear position light
  • 81 DRL with SML no rear position light

For the remote start, we don't have the proper remote to start with remote ont he SP cars. You need to buy and install an aftermarket module.

For the cable you mean to use Orbit? You can see here there is another thread with a $14 eBay cable.

I see RIV in your thread, you want to convert for import? You can also change region settings, units, etc. Check the full list in my signature link

RE: Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - Power6 - 03-12-2023

I think either 03 or 05 is the "Canadian" setting, to make the DRL always on, even at pos "0". The 04 setting is the "US" setting where "0" turns DRL off.

Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - BeachBoy - 03-12-2023

I have a Canadian one and IIRC mine is at 5

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

RE: Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - gabep - 03-13-2023

I think the setting you're looking for is "01 Dedicated daytime running light (DDRL) not together with position light", which, as far as I can tell, is the default for EU models.

RE: Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - Fazzu - 04-03-2023

(03-10-2023, 05:10 PM)Fazzu Wrote: Hi, is it possible with this software to make daytime running lights to stay on even when the light stalk (light switch shift) is in off position but vehicle engine is started or car is put in Drive Mode?

Thanks

Is it possible to get lifetime subscription rather than annual subscription as I only need for one VIN, my first & last Volvo vehicle Sad due to Volvo being greedy and charging $1k for a letter that's not even needed by RIV Canada.

RE: Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - BeachBoy - 04-03-2023

(04-03-2023, 07:43 AM)Fazzu Wrote:

Thanks

Is it possible to get lifetime subscription rather than annual subscription as I only need for one VIN, my first & last Volvo vehicle Sad due to Volvo being greedy and charging $1k for a letter that's not even needed by RIV Canada.
Two options:

1- Have you looked into what vbf is needed for that change?
With a vbf load from VIDA the car would become official with them and you would be able to do this setting change once for $82 plus the vbf cost.

2- You can set DRL on for the RIV, then back to OEM and never change again (so no need for Orbit). The probability that you get a ticket for your DRL not on Canadian mode is 0.00001%
The downside is that I guess everything else will stay US (speed etc).

RE: Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - Fazzu - 04-04-2023

I am new to all this, could you help me where I could find the relevant vbf? Thanks. My model is an Early 2021 XC90 T8 Inscription PHEV.

Besides the DRL settings being different between US & Canada, what else differs? I can switch the speedometer to km/h

RE: Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - BeachBoy - 04-04-2023

(04-04-2023, 03:48 AM)Fazzu Wrote: I am new to all this, could you help me where I could find the relevant vbf? Thanks. My model is an Early 2021 XC90 T8 Inscription PHEV.

Besides the DRL settings being different between US & Canada, what else differs? I can switch the speedometer to km/h
Are you sure you can switch the speedo? Or you mean the tourist speedo where the dial will be mph and the large center number kmh (or opposite for my Canadian car).

Now for vbf someone with a vida subscription could look if there is a software that can be downloaded for Canadian settings. If yes then it means you can for $83 and perhaps the vbf price add it to your car officially.

RE: Daytime Running Lights (modify to stay on even when lights switch is off) Canada RIV - Fazzu - 04-15-2023

I am sorry dunno how I skipped your reply.

Yes I can change the unit measurement to Metric, Imperial and US in the settings (I can keep large center to either of those). If I leave it to metric, from the steering wheel buttons, I can turn on tourish mph as well (this is temporary) and reverts back to kmh upon turning on the vehicle again.

If I buy the $83 subscription, does it allow feature change option? Do you know if feature change has an option to make DRL settings? Don't want to spend $83 and find out I still can't make the change, wanting to go this route as it will be official and my Volvo dealer make an issue for me for warranty purposes.

Again I am sorry for not replying early and thanks for providing the help.