OrBit Forums
Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? - Printable Version

+- OrBit Forums (https://forums.spaycetech.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: OrBit Q&A - Ask your questions here! (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? (/showthread.php?tid=529)

Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? - Mig529 - 07-23-2024

Long story short I purchase a used 2023 polestar 2 and I was unaware that there were two keys.. I got the big one not the small key so I couldn't reset the the system or delete his account.. I called him and he told me that the key is nowhere to be found and oh well too late I messed up. Polestar LA wants to sell me the key at premium price and I honestly don't need it.. can Orbit be useful to do a total reset  and delete his account ? I want to save money otherwise I will just keep driving with his username. Thank !

RE: Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? - IMAY2023 - 07-23-2024

(07-23-2024, 02:31 AM)Mig529 Wrote: Long story short I purchase a used 2023 polestar 2 and I was unaware that there were two keys.. I got the big one not the small key so I couldn't reset the the system or delete his account.. I called him and he told me that the key is nowhere to be found and oh well too late I messed up. Polestar LA wants to sell me the key at premium price and I honestly don't need it.. can Orbit be useful to do a total reset  and delete his account ? I want to save money otherwise I will just keep driving with his username. Thank !

That's the most ridiculous thing I heard!  
In my volvo s60, you do not need the paired key to delete the profile.  Simple restore to factory defaults deletes everything including all previous profiles and their respective paired keys.  
If polestar does not allow you to do that! Sell the stupid car! The car is supposed to serve you and not the other way around! Be careful,  the previous owner, can sell the key to someone or can even pick up the car himself.  If the previous owner's profile is still in car, that means, the previous owner can track you and can locate the car. 
You can try this! Link the previous owner's profile to one of the existing keys you have, then it should allow you to delete the profile.

RE: Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? - Mig529 - 07-23-2024

(07-23-2024, 05:44 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(07-23-2024, 02:31 AM)Mig529 Wrote: Long story short I purchase a used 2023 polestar 2 and I was unaware that there were two keys.. I got the big one not the small key so I couldn't reset the the system or delete his account.. I called him and he told me that the key is nowhere to be found and oh well too late I messed up. Polestar LA wants to sell me the key at premium price and I honestly don't need it.. can Orbit be useful to do a total reset  and delete his account ? I want to save money otherwise I will just keep driving with his username. Thank !

In my volvo s60, you do not need the paired key to delete the profile.  Simple restore to factory defaults deletes everything including all previous profiles and their respective paired keys.  
If polestar does not allow you to do that! Sell the stupid car! The car is supposed to serve you and not the other way around! Be careful,  the previous owner, can sell the key to someone or can even pick up the car himself.  If the previous owner's profile is still in car, that means, the previous owner can track you and can locate the car. 
You can try this! Link the previous owner's profile to one of the existing keys you have, then it should allow you to delete the profile.

I cannot delete his profile with just one key, I need both. That's why I was wondering if orbit somehow would allow me.

RE: Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? - IMAY2023 - 07-23-2024

(07-23-2024, 04:04 PM)Mig529 Wrote:

I cannot delete his profile with just one key, I need both. That's why I was wondering if orbit somehow would allow me.
As far as I know, Orbit cannot delete the user profile maybe VIDA can.  My advise, contact the previous owner and make him / her to cover all the costs to remove their own profile. Or give back the car and take your money back.  Because if the car gets stolen, insurance will ask you where are all the keys and most likely won't pay a penny!

RE: Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? - Mig529 - 07-24-2024

(07-23-2024, 08:19 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote:
(07-23-2024, 04:04 PM)Mig529 Wrote:

As far as I know, Orbit cannot delete the user profile maybe VIDA can.  My advise, contact the previous owner and make him / her to cover all the costs to remove their own profile. Or give back the car and take your money back.  Because if the car gets stolen, insurance will ask you where are all the keys and most likely won't pay a penny!

My understanding is that you can delete the missing key in orbit but I didn't know that if by doing this then I'll be able to do the reset

RE: Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? - x119 - 07-24-2024

Under IHU there is a routine control "IHU Factory reset" - I've had no reason to try it; but I can't see why it wouldn't work here. 

You can definitely delete the key in Orbit. 

RE: Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? - Mig529 - 07-24-2024

(07-24-2024, 05:55 PM)x119 Wrote: Under IHU there is a routine control "IHU Factory reset" - I've had no reason to try it; but I can't see why it wouldn't work here. 

I'm guessing that doing this will void the warranty right ?

RE: Can I remove a user and reset with Orbit? - x119 - 07-24-2024

(07-24-2024, 09:00 PM)Mig529 Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 05:55 PM)x119 Wrote: Under IHU there is a routine control "IHU Factory reset" - I've had no reason to try it; but I can't see why it wouldn't work here. 

I'm guessing that doing this will void the warranty right ?

I can’t see how. Car doesn’t have a memory of what’s sent over DoIP. These are just diagnostic commands.