OrBit Forums
Volvo XC60 D4 Start&Stop deactivation? - Printable Version

+- OrBit Forums (https://forums.spaycetech.com)
+-- Forum: Configuration Items (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Engine / Transmission (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Volvo XC60 D4 Start&Stop deactivation? (/showthread.php?tid=452)

Volvo XC60 D4 Start&Stop deactivation? - mrs - 04-22-2024

Hello,

XC60 D4 automatic gearbox, no start-stop button, but visible start-stop as symbol on IHU screen and there can be maually activated-deactivated by pressing that icon, but sure after car turned off, it forget deactivation start-stop, only way to remember it by those basic settings is if we choose at drive modes - individual mode, and there deactivate Start-Stop function, but when we turn off car, every time we need change drive mode to Individual Smile , so this "solution" not so useful, if we still manually whole time choose drive mode to be able disable Start-STop function.

Is there any way to disable start-stop function permanently by change cofing, only what found related to this in Orbi below,

[Image: ZdKhNqW.jpeg]

Stop-Start function memory,  is solution to choose option 03 at 271 "No button, no symbol, always off" ,  even this not Phev car, as in this car no start-stop button , and need always off whole time for start-stop?

And what's these items below related,

[Image: FffK95i.jpeg]

what means this convience start and convience stop, 413 & 414 items?

and what's this config item related,

[Image: CZXzHvu.jpeg]

suppose this 032 item is related to electric cars, where 1x batter and no start-stop function available?

RE: Volvo XC60 D4 Start&Stop deactivation? - Power6 - 04-22-2024

What model year is the XC60? I assume it's Sensus car?

The setting "02 Button with memory, Standard symbol" for 271 should be the solution. When set, while it's true this does not "permanently" disable start/stop, it will cause the setting to be remembered in the default "Comfort" drive mode. If you turn start/stop off in Comfort mode while driving the car, each time you start up, the start/stop will remain off.

Have you tried that? Does that not work as expected on your XC60?

Convenience start and stop are config settings for cars that do not have any "start" knob like Polestar 2. 

Low voltage electrical config, I don't know that anyone has experimented with that? It's a basic equipment setting, it could bring more problems as the car is then not configured correctly for it's battery setup, even if it does disable start/stop. But I am interested if anyone has tried changing that setting....

RE: Volvo XC60 D4 Start&Stop deactivation? - mrs - 04-22-2024

Yes, you are right, it's Sensus car, 2018 model, sorry forgot to mention that detail.

Ah, now i'ts clear about it,  i was little bit confused by that word "button" with memory at 02 config , as thought it's related to cars where physical button available for start-stop, and in this 2018 model XC60 no physical button, but there is that software "button" on IHU screen when slide to the left at home screen, i  see software button-start stop and there can turn it on-off, and at drive modes in settings when choose Individual there is customization to check option for SS on-off, but when turn off car and turn on again it's not remembered last option used on or off.

Yes, that's great option so called "memory" SS on-off, where will be remembered last option used in Comfort drive mode.

Didn't try it, as thought it's not related to cars where no physical button for SS, so soon will try change 271 to 02 to see will help.

Thank you very much for clear explanation Convience start and Low voltage electrical config, i'll do as you suggested 271, and choose 02 - memory SS on-off.

RE: Volvo XC60 D4 Start&Stop deactivation? - Pau1ey - 04-23-2024

(04-22-2024, 10:13 PM)Power6 Wrote: What model year is the XC60? I assume it's Sensus car?

The setting "02 Button with memory, Standard symbol" for 271 should be the solution. When set, while it's true this does not "permanently" disable start/stop, it will cause the setting to be remembered in the default "Comfort" drive mode. If you turn start/stop off in Comfort mode while driving the car, each time you start up, the start/stop will remain off.

Have you tried that? Does that not work as expected on your XC60?

Convenience start and stop are config settings for cars that do not have any "start" knob like Polestar 2. 

Low voltage electrical config, I don't know that anyone has experimented with that? It's a basic equipment setting, it could bring more problems as the car is then not configured correctly for it's battery setup, even if it does disable start/stop. But I am interested if anyone has tried changing that setting....

Not sure if this helps in this particular case with a diesel, but for reference I have a 2019 XC90 T6 and a 2020 XC60 T5 which I have tested 271 options with varying results. Both came set to "02 Button with memory Standard symbol" which I changed to "03 No button, no symbol, always off (HEV/PHEV/BEV)". 03 has worked great for months on my XC90 T6 - I can even use Eco drive mode so it'll lower and not have to worry about the Start/Stop functioning. However, on the XC60 T5 it quickly gave error messages about service the stop/start battery, even after clearing the DTCs it always came back, so I reverted the XC60 back to 02.

RE: Volvo XC60 D4 Start&Stop deactivation? - Power6 - 04-23-2024

General exprience over many users has found for Stop/Start disable options:

ICE drivetrains - D-series and T-series (not T8 PHEV) Sensus cars - use 271 "02 button...memory" setting. The function is already there to turn Start/stop off, this should enable the "memory" of the setting across starts in the default Comfort mode. This option is enabled from the factory on US cars, from about 2019-up.

Mild Hybrid - The B-series, mostly newer Android based cars - use 271 "03 No button...always off" setting. This will disable start/stop totally on these cars where it was not possible to disable it at all. B5/B6 this works great, but it seems the B4 drivetrain with the DCT, it has been reported that it does not work.