OrBit Forums
Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - Printable Version

+- OrBit Forums (https://forums.spaycetech.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: OrBit Q&A - Ask your questions here! (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing (/showthread.php?tid=380)

Pages: 1 2

Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - jdg0070 - 02-27-2024

I’m about to take the plunge and purchase your software for my brand 2024 V 60 Recharge. Taking delivery in Sweden mid-May. Really cool service!

My first big project will be to add the factory retractable tow hitch and its module. That is a big challenge in the US since the parts aren’t available here; however, I will be in Sweden and intend to purchase parts and bring them back with me.

Getting the module programmed is my biggest challenge/concern. Reading all of the related forum threads did not seem to clearly address this issue, though I saw in one that you mentioned you might have a solution for software or programming resources for this module.

Do you have any suggestions on how I might get that done since Volvo VIDA will not authorize my car in the US to install that accessory. Do I need to source a used module, or can you suggest resources to program a new one?

Best,
Jay

Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - BeachBoy - 02-27-2024

Module + orbit and it should be all good.
OrBit doesn't care about module or region so it should work

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

RE: Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - jdg0070 - 02-27-2024

But I though a new TRM module require an initial VIDA hookup. or does this module just need enabling in Orbit...There seems to be conflicting info posted in various threads. Any clarity much appreciated.

Thanks!

RE: Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - BeachBoy - 02-27-2024

I installed a used module and activated through Orbit, I am not sure the module actually has any clue to which car it's connected as I didnT' need anything in VIDA (but my module was alreayd activated in another car before)

I'm quite sure @power6 can help if it ever needs an initial "loading". Otherwise in the worst case you could load it in another official car and then swap it to your car.

RE: Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - jdg0070 - 02-27-2024

(02-27-2024, 04:28 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: I installed a used module and activated through Orbit, I am not sure the module actually has any clue to which car it's connected as I didnT' need anything in VIDA (but my module was alreayd activated in another car before)

I'm quite sure @power6 can help if it ever needs an initial "loading". Otherwise in the worst case you could load it in another official car and then swap it to your car.

Yes, thanks! i've asked Power6 to detail how he might help here. I believe you are right about used modules. It is the programming of a new module that I think originally has to happen on VIDA. Trying to find a used module is proving a challenge... any suggestions?

RE: Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - IMAY2023 - 02-28-2024

(02-27-2024, 04:27 AM)jdg0070 Wrote: I’m about to take the plunge and purchase your software for my brand 2024 V 60 Recharge. Taking delivery in Sweden mid-May. Really cool service!

My first big project will be to add the factory retractable tow hitch and its module. That is a big challenge in the US since the parts aren’t available here; however, I will be in Sweden and intend to purchase parts and bring them back with me.

Getting the module programmed is my biggest challenge/concern. Reading all of the related forum threads did not seem to clearly address this issue, though I saw in one that you mentioned you might have a solution for software or programming resources for this module.

Do you have any suggestions on how I might get that done since Volvo VIDA will not authorize my car in the US to install that accessory. Do I need to source a used module, or can you suggest resources to program a new one?

Best,
Jay

I hate to be a party pooper but I think it's better to check before buying anything. According to available official accessory for your car  there is no "factory retractable tow hitch" available. This means that VIDA most likely would not allow you to program "software reload" even if you manage to get an US VIDA account.  So, your best option is to find a used module that already has the software.  Another point to consider is the warranty void. I don't know the policy in Sweden for retrofits that adds wiring to original equipment. Here in US, if you modify the original wiring or connect new wires to any controller of the car, it voids the warranty.  If it was just static tow hitch that's a different story though.

RE: Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - Sodertalje - 02-28-2024

(02-27-2024, 04:35 PM)jdg0070 Wrote:
(02-27-2024, 04:28 PM)BeachBoy Wrote: I installed a used module and activated through Orbit, I am not sure the module actually has any clue to which car it's connected as I didnT' need anything in VIDA (but my module was alreayd activated in another car before)

Yes, thanks! i've asked Power6 to detail how he might help here. I believe you are right about used modules. It is the programming of a new module that I think originally has to happen on VIDA. Trying to find a used module is proving a challenge... any suggestions?
Since you're in Sweden anyway, why not visit a local dealer in Gothenburg and have them install the tow hitch? They should be able to tell you right away if it's possible or not. Most dealers have parts coming in 3 times a day, so there should not be a lot of waiting time.

RE: Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - Power6 - 03-01-2024

OrBit can flash the TRM with software, so you can enable the tow hitch. We don't need to rely on VIDA support, as we know that can be market specific for what models are supported to allow tow hitch to be installed.

If you get a new TRM, just email in to support and I can get you the software you need.

RE: Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - richardGG24 - 03-13-2024

Unless the recharge gets a different rear section, you can use the US version V60CC hitch on you V60 and S60. And you can even do the software install in VIDA and make everything official. I did it on my US spec S60, installed the US V60CC hitch and coded the whole thing in VIDA.

That said, I think there is a new TRM for 2024 and onwards vehicles, so I'm not sure if anything has changed.

RE: Prepurchase/OSD/v60 recharge 2024/towing - jdg0070 - 03-13-2024

(03-13-2024, 03:34 AM)richardGG24 Wrote: Unless the recharge gets a different rear section, you can use the US version V60CC hitch on you V60 and S60. And you can even do the software install in VIDA and make everything official. I did it on my US spec S60, installed the US V60CC hitch and coded the whole thing in VIDA.

That said, I think there is a new TRM for 2024 and onwards vehicles, so I'm not sure if anything has changed.

Yes and thanks for your input…. there is a new TRM and @power6 said he could get me the software to flash it in Orbit. I prefer the EU hitch because of some other euro accessories I have here in the States. In fact, I now have all the parts EXCEPT THE CAR!!! I take possession of that mid May in Gothenburg…hoping @power6 will confirm my software version is available in the next couple of days. I’ve sent him all the details through Orbit support…great to know you made the CC hitch work on your S60 through VIDA though, I did not think Volvo would bless that config….if all else fails will give that a shot.