OrBit Forums
Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - Printable Version

+- OrBit Forums (https://forums.spaycetech.com)
+-- Forum: General (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: OrBit Q&A - Ask your questions here! (https://forums.spaycetech.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car (/showthread.php?tid=233)

Pages: 1 2

Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - pagnchanak - 10-03-2023

Hi, I have an X60 2022 with Android. The dealer in my country removed all Google Apps related from the car, no PlayStore, no Google Assistant, no Spotify, no Maps, nothing. The car basically useless in term of functionality that relied on Google.

Is there any way to put back Google Play Store to the car so that I can install Apps to use using OrBit?
I have already purchased the OrBit license and also has CEM and VGM PIN.

Thanks.

RE: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - IMAY2023 - 10-03-2023

Have a look at below page in the FAQ section especially. 
https://www.volvocars.com/us/v/connectivity/infotainment-page 
Might be the "Digital Services package" is not included in your region. In US it's included for the first 4 years.  
So, this is ridiculous, after 4 years if you don't pay what ever the price they want,  the informant system becomes a brick.   

So, before modifying anything, 
1) check if that service comes with car from factory for 4 years in your region. The services is part of the car like warranty so even if you purchased a used one, you should still have it. 
2) If the above is true, then go back to your dealer and claim the warranty, they cannot just disable things by themselves just to be able charge you more. 
3) If false,  I am not sure if Orbit can actually enable the applications and make them work, those apps / functions might operate VOLVO app on phone. You can enable those options via orbit but you will need $200 / year subscription to be able to actually use the app because it uses external VOLVO cloud service.  

That's why I would never buy a newer version of VOLVO. 
No navigation when no cellular network is available,  we have many areas without cell service in USA.  So, builtin sensus NAV is really helpfull. 
No apps if you don't pay them. At least today, I can use my phone as hotspot or share internet via Bluetooth and still have the build in apps and traffic updates. 
I can purchase my own cell service when the complementary ATnT expires.

RE: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - pagnchanak - 10-04-2023

(10-03-2023, 10:19 PM)IMAY2023 Wrote: Have a look at below page in the FAQ section especially. 
https://www.volvocars.com/us/v/connectivity/infotainment-page 
Might be the "Digital Services package" is not included in your region. In US it's included for the first 4 years.  
So, this is ridiculous, after 4 years if you don't pay what ever the price they want,  the informant system becomes a brick.   
So, before modifying anything, 
1) check if that service comes with car from factory for 4 years in your region. The services is part of the car like warranty so even if you purchased a used one, you should still have it. 
2) If the above is true, then go back to your dealer and claim the warranty, they cannot just disable things by themselves just to be able charge you more. 
3) If false,  I am not sure if Orbit can actually enable the applications and make them work, those apps / functions might operate VOLVO app on phone. You can enable those options via orbit but you will need $200 / year subscription to be able to actually use the app because it uses external VOLVO cloud service.  
That's why I would never buy a newer version of VOLVO. 
No navigation when no cellular network is available,  we have many areas without cell service in USA.  So, builtin sensus NAV is really helpfull. 
No apps if you don't pay them. At least today, I can use my phone as hotspot or share internet via Bluetooth and still have the build in apps and traffic updates. 
I can purchase my own cell service when the complementary ATnT expires.

My Volvo Car App is working and can remote the car as normal. The only problem is they disabled the Google Services. Every time I asked the dealer, they said it was disabled by Volvo's HQ, and they cannot enable for me. All Volvo in my country can't use Google. I don't know what they are thinking. Would be perfect if I can just enable it using OrBit. Found a config on Infotainment Automotive Services (ID: 379), hope it's related?

RE: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - pagnchanak - 10-04-2023

Tested, the config 379 does nothing. I guess OrBit can't do anything about this.

RE: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - IMAY2023 - 10-05-2023

(10-04-2023, 11:27 PM)pagnchanak Wrote: Tested, the config 379 does nothing. I guess OrBit can't do anything about this.

Check this 
270 VEM INFOTAINMENT SETTINGS

RE: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - Sodertalje - 10-05-2023

(10-04-2023, 11:27 PM)pagnchanak Wrote: Tested, the config 379 does nothing. I guess OrBit can't do anything about this.
What country are you in?

RE: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - pagnchanak - 10-05-2023

(10-05-2023, 07:57 AM)Sodertalje Wrote:
What country are you in?

Cambodia

RE: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - pagnchanak - 10-07-2023

(10-05-2023, 02:48 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

Check this 
Tested, also nothing change. If only there was anyway to sideload apk to AAOS, but developer mode is restricted. No idea how to get apps to install.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

RE: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - IMAY2023 - 01-13-2024

(10-07-2023, 05:10 AM)pagnchanak Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 02:48 AM)IMAY2023 Wrote:

Check this 
Tested, also nothing change. If only there was anyway to sideload apk to AAOS, but developer mode is restricted. No idea how to get apps to install.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
Check this one 
379 INFOTAINMENT AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES 
My 2019 s60 does not have android therefore it's set to without!

RE: Enable Google Services on iCUP Car - Power6 - 01-13-2024

Google services is not just a config, unfortunately. Volvo does use that to flag the cars that have Google Services. The Google Services software needs to be  installed on the infotainment system. You can send me an email at support and I can see what I can do. I know some contacts that can get Google installed for some cars, it's not easy or cheap as I understand it, but possible in some cases.